Yesterday's Tragedy in Boston

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2013

      Good morning, I wanted to take a minute to reassure everyone on the list serve that MPD immediately increased our deployment, visibility, and response readiness after yesterday’s tragedy in Boston.

      Our heightened response and readiness level will remain in place throughout today and until further notice.  In addition, we are coordinating with our law enforcement partners in the District.

      As always, I encourage everyone to report any activity that they deem suspicious by calling 911.

      April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
      Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
      It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

    • brian.ions
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2013
        Thank you, Chief.

        Don and I extend our deep appreciation for the extra service and sacrifice of all MPD members standing watch over our city at another tragic time in our Nation's history. Our thanks go to their families and love ones as well.

        don and brian/
        504

        And we all salute the first responders of Boston...