Re: [MPD-5D] Gunshots

  • Sean Wieland
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 16 3:57 AM
      Hi David,

      Please call 911when you hear gunshots.  This allows MPD the ability to investigate in a timely manner.

      -Sean

      Sent from my iPhone 5

      On Apr 16, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "David" <david@...> wrote:

      Three gunshots heard vicinity of Rhode Island Ave and 19th St NE. 12:20 am 16 April 2013. Did anyone else hear this?

    • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 16 4:06 AM

        Good Morning David,

        There were no reported sounds of gunshots to MPD.  Please ensure you call 911 toensure all activity is investigated.

        Thanks

        Capt. J. Brown

        5th District

        (202) 698-0288

        April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
        Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
        It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 17 5:19 AM
          Gunshots absolutely were reported. My neighbor on the 1400 blk of Kearney reported it to 911. Police responded. A police car with floodlights drove down the street 3x and a helicopter flew over. Something may wrong with your record system.

          Andi Fleming

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Andi Fleming Yahoo
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 17 5:30 AM
            My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

            Andi Fleming

            Sent from my iPhone
          • Nolan Treadway
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 17 6:19 AM
              about 24 hours prior to this, at quarter after midnight (Sunday night/Monday morning, 4/15) there were eight gunshots at the Shell station on Rhode Island Ave and Irving (between 20th and 18th). Thanks to MPD who came out and taped off the scene and looked for shell casings. Unfortunately, as far as I know, they were not able to find anything.

              According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road

              Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

              Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

              --Nolan

              --------------------------
              Commissioner Nolan Treadway
              Single Member District 5C07
              Woodridge / Langdon

              Join my email list: http://ancnolan.com/signup/

              nolan@... / - email
              734-717-4342 - Mobile

              On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Andi Fleming Yahoo <andi_fleming@...> wrote:
              My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

              Andi Fleming

              Sent from my iPhone

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  MPD-5D-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  MPD-5D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Haines, John (MPD)
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 17 11:05 AM
                All the cases below are being actively investigated by the Fifth District Detectives Office. At this time we have no specific information that the cases are related however their close proximity to one another certainly leaves that as a possibility.

                We do ask that if anyone might have seen or heard anything to please contact the Fifth District Detectives Office at 202.698.0660, or you can call or email myself at the numbers or email below. If you wish to remain anonymous you can call 202.727.9099 or text the information to 50411

                John R. Haines
                Detective Lieutenant
                Fifth District
                Metropolitan Police Department
                Washington D.C.
                202.553.7511
                John.Haines@...<mailto:John.Haines@...>
                [cid:image002.jpg@01CE3B74.A510F480]
                FBINA Session #250

                CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this emailis the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorizedusers. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

                April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
                Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com<http://www.smart911.com>.

                According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/323312396145917953> and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/324367933117710337>.

                Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

                Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

                --Nolan

              • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 17 7:47 PM

                  Of the incidents mentioned below, evidence was recovered on the scenes. It is currently under investigation.

                  Edward R. Bernat

                  Lieutenant

                  Fifth District

                  1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.

                  Washington, D.C. 20002

                  Office - 202-698-0268

                  Cell- 202-359-4240

                  Email: edward.bernat@...

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 19, 2015
                    I was awakened at 3:50AM this morning by 13-14 gunshots in Brentwood maybe from Bryant Street or near there. Does anyone have any more information?

                    Sent from my iPhone
                  • Jen
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 9, 2015
                      Good morning everyone

                      Just want you all to be aware of the sounds of gunshots we heard in the area of 3800 26th St. NE around 9:30pm Monday night. Officers were extremely responsive and shortly after we're able to find 14 shell casings in the rear alley of 3800 26th. We were also able to see a gray mini van drive down our street right after the gunshots. Not sure if it's related.
                    • Rivers, Subrena (MPD)
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 21, 2016

                        At approx. 1945 hours, units responded to the 1300 block RI Ave NE for sounds of gunshots.  Units canvassed and located damage to a vehicle.  As well as recovered evidence.  No injuries reported.

                        About an hour or so ago I was outside and heard 3 gunshots from the RI Ave direction - seemed to be near 14th St? Then a few minutes later another round of about 6 shots. A neighbor walking by said she heard it too and seemed to be near or around Papa Johns. I called 911 but heard no sirens. I have no idea if MPD followed up on this.

                        Does anyone else have any info and/or hear the 2 rounds of shots? Is it becoming so common to hear this that we just go about our business and MPD doesnt follow up? So sad.

                        ES 13th

                      • Jeff Johnson