RE: [MPD-5D] Parking issues in Eckington on 4/15

  • Austin, Alexia (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2013
      There are proper procedures to follow when parking is requested to be restricted for events on public space.  Those flyers were NOT issued by MPD or DPW.  Next time this occurs, please call 9-11 for police assistance.

      Alexia L. Austin

      Sergeant

      PSA 504

      FTO Coordinator

      Fifth District Station

      1805 Bladensburg Rd., N.E.

      Washington, DC 20002

      (202) 698-4688 - Office  (202) 724-8649 Fax

      Email: alexia.austin@...

      If you SEE something, SAY something.

      Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@... to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.

      Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emer

      April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
      Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
      It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
        DPW does parking enforcement M-F. DC Police are in charge of enforcing
        parking on the weekends. I have heard (via another listserv or blog, I
        don't recall) that DC has made a choice not to enforce church-related
        parking issues on Sundays. I agree that it's a major safety issue and
        would like MPD to officially respond.

        This issue is also a huge concern at RIA NE between 4th and 9th, where
        there are always cars double parked on Sundays and (literally) hundreds of
        people illegally crossing the road where there are no crosswalks (though,
        there is an argument to be made that if everyone crosses there, there
        should be a crosswalk, but that's DDOT's domain.)

        Allison