Re: [MPD-5D] Anything more than a walk through?

  • Rynecki
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
      The Guarian Angels were a good deterrent when deployed
      across the street from the Greyhound station. I think
      they need support funding in order to dedicate their
      activity in a certain area hotspot.

      --- "Baker, Tai (NIH/NCI) [C]" <bakerta@...>

    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2007
        In a message dated 1/10/2007 8:20:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        bakerta@... writes:
        Law

        The community walk was quite successful. Community partners from Court
        Services and offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA), the DC Developing Families
        Center, WOL Radio, the Fifth District Police Headquarters and WJLA News joined
        neighborhood residents and the Guardian Angels for the walk. All participants
        locked arms in solidarity to advocate for an end to the recent spike in violent
        crime in the Carver Terrace community.

        The Guardian Angels recruited ten neighborhood youths to participate in
        future neighborhood patrols, as a direct result of the January 10, 2007, walk. We
        will walk again on January 17, 2007, at 7:00 p.m., starting at 17th and M
        Streets, NE. All are welcome to join us. We all want increased public safety
        and must not allow geographical boundaries to hinder our efforts to pursue a
        common goal. Maximum public safety is our goal and our right.

        Kathy Henderson