Crime Mapping

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2013

      Good afternoon, I am happy to announce to all of our listserv members that the Crime Map application is back online and can be accessed at http://crimemap.dc.gov.  I know that the crime map has long served as a valuable resource to members of the community.

      Users should familiarize themselves with the explanatory information regarding the data available in Crime Map.   The statistics are subject to change due to a variety of reasons, such as a change in classification, the determination that certain offense reports were unfounded, or late reporting. Please understand that any comparisons between MPD preliminary data as published on the website and the official crime statistics published by the FBI under the Uniform Crime Reporting Program (UCR) would be inaccurate and misleading.

      We have appreciated your patience while we worked to restore the system.  Thank you,

      Chief Lanier

      www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.