Re: [MPD-5D] Robbery in ANC 5D

  • Wendy Lewis
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4 8:33 AM
      Which Safeway was this?

      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

      On Apr 3, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...> wrote:

      Good Evening,

      A twelve year-old constituent was robbed en route to the Safeway this evening between 7:00 p.m and 7:45 p.m. The neighborhood has been quiet recently and we want to keep it that way. We need extra vigilance during spring break to ensure our children are neither victims of nor perpetrators of crime. We are seeing police presence along Bladensburg Road at night; however, I believe our community would benefit from increased police presence on residential streets in this community during the day, evening and midnight shifts. Residents should be encouraged to walk to the Safeway and nearby stores instead of driving. Of course, we want to ensure that it is actually safe to do so.

      We greatly appreciate attention to this matter.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      khenderson029@...

    • 5D Community Outreach Coordinator
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4 1:01 PM
        Hechinger's Mall on 17th Street NE

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Lewis <wendy_lewis2@...> wrote:

        > Which Safeway was this?
        >
        > Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
        >

        > On Apr 3, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Good Evening,
        > >
        > > A twelve year-old constituent was robbed en route to the Safeway this evening between 7:00 p.m and 7:45 p.m. The neighborhood has been quiet recently and we want to keep it that way. We need extra vigilance during spring break to ensure our children are neither victims of nor perpetrators of crime. We are seeing police presence along Bladensburg Road at night; however, I believe our community would benefit from increased police presence on residential streets in this community during the day, evening and midnight shifts. Residents should be encouraged to walk to the Safeway and nearby stores instead of driving. Of course, we want to ensure that it is actually safe to do so.
        > >
        > > We greatly appreciate attention to this matter.
        > >

        > > Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
        > > khenderson029@...

      • Jeter, Bryant (MPD)
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4 1:42 PM