RE: [MPD-5D] Robbery in ANC 5D

  • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013

      Hello Ms. Henderson ,

      Lt. Jeter will allocate some of his PSA officers to ensure equal coverage and visibility throughout the PSA on all shifts.

      Thank You.

      Capt. J. Brown

      5th District

      (202) 698-0288

      www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
        Which Safeway was this?

        Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

        On Apr 3, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...> wrote:

        Good Evening,

        A twelve year-old constituent was robbed en route to the Safeway this evening between 7:00 p.m and 7:45 p.m. The neighborhood has been quiet recently and we want to keep it that way. We need extra vigilance during spring break to ensure our children are neither victims of nor perpetrators of crime. We are seeing police presence along Bladensburg Road at night; however, I believe our community would benefit from increased police presence on residential streets in this community during the day, evening and midnight shifts. Residents should be encouraged to walk to the Safeway and nearby stores instead of driving. Of course, we want to ensure that it is actually safe to do so.

        We greatly appreciate attention to this matter.

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
        khenderson029@...

      • Jeter, Bryant (MPD)
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
          As we discussed last evening, I will ensure police visibility throughout neighboring streets as well as thoroughfares  Ms. Henderson.

          Bryant A. Jeter

          Lieutenant

          Metropolitan Police Department

          Fifth District

          1805 Bladensburg Rd., NE.

          Washington, D.C. 20002

          Patrol Service Area (PSA)507

          Office:  202-698-0276

          Cell:    202-615-7109

          email: bryant.jeter@...

          A twelve year-old constituent was robbed en route to the Safeway this evening between 7:00 p.m and 7:45 p.m. The neighborhood has been quiet recently and we want to keep it that way. We need extra vigilance during spring break to ensure our children are neither victims of nor perpetrators of crime. We are seeing police presence along Bladensburg Road at night; however, I believe our community would benefit from increased police presence on residential streets in this community during the day, evening and midnight shifts. Residents should be encouraged to walk to the Safeway and nearby stores instead of driving. Of course, we want to ensure that it is actually safe to do so.

          We greatly appreciate attention to this matter.

          Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
          khenderson029@...

        • 5D Community Outreach Coordinator
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
            Hechinger's Mall on 17th Street NE

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Lewis <wendy_lewis2@...> wrote:

            > Which Safeway was this?
            >
            > Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
            >

            > On Apr 3, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Good Evening,
            > >
            > > A twelve year-old constituent was robbed en route to the Safeway this evening between 7:00 p.m and 7:45 p.m. The neighborhood has been quiet recently and we want to keep it that way. We need extra vigilance during spring break to ensure our children are neither victims of nor perpetrators of crime. We are seeing police presence along Bladensburg Road at night; however, I believe our community would benefit from increased police presence on residential streets in this community during the day, evening and midnight shifts. Residents should be encouraged to walk to the Safeway and nearby stores instead of driving. Of course, we want to ensure that it is actually safe to do so.
            > >
            > > We greatly appreciate attention to this matter.
            > >

            > > Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
            > > khenderson029@...

          • Jeter, Bryant (MPD)
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013