FW: 03/30/13 Homicide: 600 Block of Edgewood Street, Northeast

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2013

      Contact: Police Officer Araz Alali (202-727-4383)

      March 30, 2013

      Homicide: 600 Block of Edgewood Street, Northeast

      (Washington, DC)-Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch are investigating a fatal shooting which occurred in the 600 block of Edgewood Street, Northeast.

      On Saturday, March 30, 2013, at approximately 2:09 am, patrol units from the Fifth District responded to the 600 block of Edgewood Street, Northeast for the report of a shootingUpon arrival, they located an adult male suffering from an apparent gunshot wound. DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services transported the victim to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.

      The decedent is identified as 33-year-old Irving Jones, Jr. of Northeast, Washington, DC.

      The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone that provides information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons wanted for any homicide committed in the District of Columbia. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the police at (202) 727-9099. Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.

      ###

      www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.

    • Linda Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 7:50 AM
        What is the status of this?

        Was this targeted? Drive-by? Or something else? Is it related to the one last year at 601 stairwell?

[...]

      • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 10:21 AM

          Please understand that when we are investigating a case we wish not to given out certain information, once the case is solve we will only divulge certain information until after the court case.

          Hope this helps.   Lt. Corinne Hughes

[...]

          For more information, contact the OTR Customer Service Center at
          (202) 727-4TAX or visit

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 2:56 PM
            Thank you, my concern was the safety of us seniors as this incident took place in the area of a designated (by our property manager) safe route home from the bus stop. There is another stop we can use. I stopped by 5D this PM. Now I have our Sargeant's email. I will check with him about the safety issue. I do understand the need for confidentiality. I hope this gets closed quickly, as it's not even warm out yet. We do appreciate the increased patrols.
            Thanks Again.

            LD Lee