Fw: Peace, Order and Quiet At Night

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2013
      I am very pleased to share that the Bladensburg Rd corridor, Trinidad, Langston and Carver Terrace are quiet at night. There is ample police visibility and a relative calm that my community can easily become accustomed to.

      I recall back in 2008, around this time of night Randle Brown was coming home from work and someone killed him on 17th Street NE. Others have been killed in this community at night and during the day, under varied circumstances defying reason. Brandon Gaines was executed on Maryland Ave. during rush hour, while horrified X8 bus passengers watched. We have had triple and quadruple shootings. Through it all we have steadfastly weathered the storms; we paid our taxes, attended our community meetings, called the police and championed the return of law and order. The paradigm is changing and we are pleased. We appreciate our energized Fifth District police force and the resulting peace, order and quiet here. Keep up the great work.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2013
        Thank you for your words of support, Commissioner Henderson. We appreciate your message, and we'll pass it along to the officers who are doing the hard work you recognize.

        Andy Solberg
        Commander, 5D

        www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.
[...]

        Sent on the Sprint(r) Now Network from my BlackBerry(r)

      • Beach, Mark (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2013
          Thank you very much for your continued support and encouragement Commissioner Henderson. I will ensure your comments are shared with the Command Staff at the Fifth Police District.

          Mark Beach
          Captain of Police
          Metropolitan DC Police Department
          Fifth Police District