Fw: [Rosedale Neighborhood Listserv] Prayer & Awareness Vigil for Mrs. Ruby Whitfield - Elderly Woman Killed by Hit & Run Driver on Florida Avenue, NE [1 Attachment]

  • Jerome Gray
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2013
      --- On Mon, 3/25/13, Necothia Bowens <goldndb@...> wrote:

      From: Necothia Bowens <goldndb@...>
      Subject:Prayer & Awareness Vigil for Mrs. Ruby Whitfield - Elderly Woman Killed by Hit & Run Driver on Florida Avenue, NE [1 Attachment]
      Date: Monday, March 25, 2013, 10:53 AM

      [Attachment(s) from Necothia Bowens included below]

      Hello Neighbors & Community Friends:

      Please find attached the Press Release from Bishop Michael V. Kelsey, Sr. and the New Samaritan Baptist Church Family. We are prayerful that you will join us on this Tuesday, March 26th at 7:00 p.m. for a Prayer and Awareness Vigil on behalf of Mrs. Ruby Whitfield who was tragically struck and killed while crossing Florida Ave. after an Ushers Meeting at our church. Mrs. Whitfield was a faithful member of our church and active part of the community.

      Our goal is to honor her memory and raise awareness of the issues that resulted in her death such as Drunk Driving, Speeding and the need for immediate "Traffic Calming" on the Florida Avenue N.E. within Wards 5 & 6.

      We ask that you share the plan for this Vigil with your neighbors and Fellowship Organizations, as we are Communities coming together with Compassion, Conviction and Connection to advocate on an issue that affect the Quality of Life for Humanity.

      Please see the attached for additional information.

      We look forward to seeing you there.

      Blessings,

      Necothia Bowens, Team Lead
      Social Action Leadership Team (S.A.L.T)
      New Samaritan Baptist Church
      202-397-1870 – Office
      202-486-4296 – Mobile

      NSBC PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIALITY E-MAIL DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

      This email (and/or the documents accompanying such) may contain privileged/confidential information. Such information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity above. If you are not the named or intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of such information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
    • khenderson029
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2013
        Good Evening:

        The seven advisory neighborhood commissioners representing ANC 5D will attend the vigil for Ms. Ruby Whitfield. This hit and run fatality underscores a tragedy for the entire community. We offer our condolences to Ms. Whitfield's family, church family and friends. We look forward to working with DDOT Director Terry Bellamy, Mayor Gray's office and Councilmemberd McDuffie to ensure that we get a traffic signal installed at 11th and Florida Ave. NE. We must come together as a community to ensure that we receive equity in public safety resources.

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
        Chairperson, 5D

        From: Jerome Gray <artsensation@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com