Condolences: Pedestrian Hit & Run on Florida Ave.

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      We offer heartfelt condolences to the family, Bishop Michael Kelsey and members of the New Samaritan Baptist Church regarding their loss. It is horrific to know that someone would hit a pedestrian and continue driving without any concern. We are glad the police were able to quickly locate and apprehend a suspect in this matter.

      Additionally, we are troubled by Bishop Kelsey's ten-year (unfulfilled)request for a traffic signal in the 1100 block of Florida Ave. NE. We are calling on DDOT Director Terry Bellamy to immediately fast-track the implementation of a traffic signal at this location. No one else should be killed as a result of a hit and run at this location; a traffic signal here would have likely prevented this tragedy.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05