Person attacked in bloomingdale

  • ileana schinder
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21 1:19 PM
      Have you heard about this?According to the comments it seems that it's pretty "normal" in Has anyone else in Bloomingdale been attacked by a group of kids?
      9:16 AM 03/20/2013

      nnahlzr

      Last night around 6:30 PM, my roommate was attacked by a group of kids on the doorstep of our rowhouse. We live in Bloomingdale, a few doors up from the corner of U and First Street NW. My roommate was walking home from the Shaw metro, when she turned up Second Street NW and U, she noticed two teen girls (~13 years old) walking behind her. Once she was trying to open the front door to our english basement, the girls asked her if she could help them with something. My roommate turned around and noticed that a group of boys were standing behind the girls and a few of them were wearing face masks. My roommate declined to help the girls and that's when they started yelling profanities at her and threatening her. One of the girls threw a handful of rocks at my roommate and that's when the boys followed, throwing rocks, sticks, and metal siding at her. After being hit in the head with a large rock, she threatened to call the police and they told her that they needed a new cellphone so she should get it out. When she dialed 911, the kids took off running down the alley behind New Reservoir Market.
      Has anyone else living in the Bloomingdale area been attacked by a group of teens?
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21 1:32 PM
        We haven't seen this before, and if there are others who have experienced anything similar we would like to know about it.

        Andy Solberg
        Commander, 5D

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 21, 2013, at 4:26 PM, "ileana schinder" <ileschinder@...> wrote:

[...]

        www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.

      • Leemah
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 21 5:03 PM
          I have never heard of that happening before. I don't see groups of young teens walking around with masks on in that area-ever. 6:30 is still light outside.
          Hmmm...bazaar story.

          Thank goodness you are ok.

          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          From: "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:32:03 -0400
          To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Person attacked in bloomingdale

[...]

        • Shannon Marshall
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 21 8:08 PM
            Commander, am I reading this correctly?
            Are you saying that the DC Police have not encountered this before?  If so, what exactly have you not encountered?

            A)  group of teens threatening a local resident?
            B)  Perps wearing face masks?
            C)  A group of teens bullying an unsuspecting victim in an attempt to rob them?
            D)  A group of teens resorting to an actual attack on said victim, because they aren't successful in their robbery attempt?

            --
            Shannon Marshall
            202 329-8892 c
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 22 5:31 AM

              We do not have any reports of groups of young people threatening and throwing things at victims in this area.

              Andy Solberg

              Commander, 5D

[...]

              For more information, contact the OTR Customer Service Center at
              (202) 727-4TAX or visit
              www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.

              --
              Shannon Marshall
              202 329-8892 c

            • Rebecca Mills
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22 6:35 AM
                The person who posted the story stated that a report was filed with MPD.
                Scroll down:

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 23 7:47 AM
                  Sent from my iPad

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 23 7:47 AM