Re: [MPD-5D] 1st and O St NW

    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 16, 2013
      Robin,

      Did you call 911 to report this?

      Andy Solberg
      Commander, 5D

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 16, 2013, at 9:17 AM, "crknightdc" <crknightdc@...> wrote:

      I want to thank everyone that worked to get the empty lot at 1st and O St fenced off and the no trespassing signs put up. However, there are still people parking there (2 cars this morning). They are half on the sidewalk and half on the little strip of land on the other side of the fence.

      please address
      Robin

      www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.

    • crknightdc
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 17, 2013
        No I didn't
        They were the Dunbar construction workers so I'm sure they will be back on Monday. It would be great if you could have the officers ticket them come tommorrow.

        Thanks
        Robin

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

        > Robin,
        >
        > Did you call 911 to report this?
        >
        > Andy Solberg
        > Commander, 5D
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Mar 16, 2013, at 9:17 AM, "crknightdc" <crknightdc@...<mailto:crknightdc@...>> wrote:
        >

        > I want to thank everyone that worked to get the empty lot at 1st and O St fenced off and the no trespassing signs put up. However, there are still people parking there (2 cars this morning). They are half on the sidewalk and half on the little strip of land on the other side of the fence.
        >
        > please address
        > Robin
        >

        > The DC Office of Tax and Revenue is offering free tax assistance in your community this month.
        > For more information, contact the OTR Customer Service Center at (202) 727-4TAX or visit
        > www.taxpayerservicecenter.com<http://www.taxpayerservicecenter.com>.

      • tvehunt
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 17, 2013
          To crknightdc:

          I am sorry that you and your husband have to deal with such ignorance from people who are supposed to get a meal from the SOME House, but yet, they rather invade the neighborhood as if they have the right to do their dirt either on your property or the whole entire block, where people like you and I pay taxes and, as for the people who visit the SOME House, they do not pay taxes, chances are!!!

          I had an experience with them, where as I was also threatened and, of course, I had some choice words for them as well!! Example: I had a run-in recently with one person, where, as I look out my window and saw a guy sitting on my front, and I told him more than once during that moment to get off of my property and his response was "Why the 'h' can he not sit on my front porch"? My response was because, I just told you so you!! He proceeded to walk away saying [choice words].

          The SOME House needs to take responsibility for these people that come here to eat, by hiring security on their payroll to keep the crowd moving. Perhaps, SOME needs to move out of the neighborhood and go some place else!!

          Take care and have blessed day,

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "crknightdc" <crknightdc@...> wrote:

          > I had called the cops on a group of older men drinking and hanging out at the tree box at 90 O st NW. While waiting for the cops one of the men started to pee in the middle of the sidewalk. I couldn't wait for the cops and had to tell him to close his pants and told them all to keep moving. My husband and I were then treatened by all 4 men.
          >
          > Now that you can purchase alcohol on sundays it would be great if you you could have your officers keep an eye at at this corner when the weather is nice. In the future maybe if people drinking were given tickets instead of just told to dump out their cans it would be more a deterrence.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Robin

        • Julia Wilton
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 17, 2013
            I personally don't see the issue. They are construction workers who are working and need a place to park.

            I would much rather our officers concentrate on the dealers who are
            working to recruit the neighborhood kids.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',

            --
            Our life is what our thoughts make it - Marcus Aurelius
          • Eliza Auckerman
            Message 5 of 29 , Mar 17, 2013
              Julia,

              I understand your sentiments. They are working in our community and certainly do need a place to park. After seeing Commander Solberg's email yesterday, I was reluctant to call 911 myself because I don't want people to return to a towed car after working all day.

              However, when I see these cars pull up on the sidewalk to park snug against a No Trespassing sign while street parking without time restrictions is available, it really rubs me the wrong way.

              I have been nearly hit by a van pulling up through the accessibility ramp over the sidewalk where there is no curb cut. The surrounding area is filthy from the mud torn up by vehicles being parked on a surface not intended for parking. And yes, on a Saturday morning there is plenty of open parking all throughout the neighborhood.

              This lot has been a dumping ground and a napping/passing out place for years, and this is just the latest thing. I've been in touch with McDuffie's office for solutions, and the fence and signs from, I presume, the property owner are a great step, but it still looks like a blight to me.

              Any assistance MPD can offer would be greatly appreciated. Beyond that, any suggestions on what agency or agencies could assist would be wonderful as well.

              Eliza
              Unit Block O St NW

              Sent from my iPad

              Message 6 of 29 , Mar 17, 2013
                Robin and all,

                When you see any incident that you think needs police attention, please call 911 for the best response.

                Andy Solberg

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 29 , Mar 17, 2013

                  Sent from my iPad

                  Message 8 of 29 , Mar 17, 2013
                    All,

                    We are aware of this situation.  I want everyone to understand that while we monitor this listserv, for best and most immediate response, you should call 911 to report any situation or incident that you feel needs immediate--or long-range--attention.

                    We have been aware of the situation involving parking on the sidewalk here for several months, but it will help if neighbors call 911.

                    By doing so, you give us the opportunity to respond while the incident is ongoing.  As we monitor the listserv, we may not be as able to address these types of situations as quickly as we could if you call 911.

                    Also, for those who may not be aware, ALL police calls go through 911 now.  Non-emergency calls used to go to 311.  Now, all requests for police service go through this number.

                    Thanks,

                    Andy Solberg
                    Commander, 5D

                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 19, 2014
                      Hello
                      There was a lot of police activity last night around 7:30pm at 1st and O St. About the same time my husband saw some one run out the back of a house on 1st st and jump over the fence and down the ally.

                      Could you please provide some details.

                      Thanks
                      Robin
                    • Dorrough, Jonathan (MPD)
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 19, 2014
                        Robin,

                        I've spoken to our PSA officers and checked our call logs, the only incident I can find around that time is an incident in which a subject had a medical emergency and was transported to the hospital. If you have additional details please contact me directly and please call 911 if you see suspicious behavior.

                        Acting Lieutenant

                        Jon Dorrough

                        Metropolitan Police

                        Washington, DC

                        Fifth District

                        Look out for the homeless this winter. When the actual or forecasted temperature or wind chill is 32 degrees F or below, the District issues a Hypothermia Alert. To request support for persons who are homeless and on the street now, contact the Shelter Hotline at 1-800-535-7252 or 311 or email uposh@....