Re: [MPD-5D] Fifth District Officers Make an Arrest of an Extremely Dangerous Fugitive

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013
      We appreciate the obvious bravery and skills of Officers Rosario and Konkoi. We can always count on criminals making their way to PSA's 507, 506 and 502 to continue to disrupt public safety. The midnight tour is obviously energized and ready to deal with the challenges. We look forward to a sustained effort. Well done team!

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

      From: "policefsu13" <mark.beach@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:21:28 -0000
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Fifth District Officers Make an Arrest of an Extremely Dangerous Fugitive

      This morning, Friday, March 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM an emergency alert message was sent out to All Law Enforcement Agencies in the Washington Metropolitan DC Area from the Fairfax County Virginia Police Department, warning law enforcement officers to be on the look-out for an extremely dangerous Fugitive operating a stolen vehicle taken from Fairfax County. That message contained strong language warning that the wanted individual was known to Assault Police Officers.

      This message described the stolen vehicle and provided the name and personal identifiers of the extremely dangerous Fugitive. All members of the Metropolitan Police Department received this critical information and officers in the field were on heightened alert.

      At 4:28 AM, this morning, Fifth Police District Patrol Officers assigned to Patrol Service Area 507 observed the vehicle matching the description of the Fairfax County Virginia wanted stolen vehicle operated by a lone occupant in the area of Mt. Olivet Road, NE. A lookout was broadcast, the vehicle was confirmed stolen and the Fifth Police District Cruiser with Master Patrol Officer Rosario and Recruit Officer Konkoi affected a stop. With assistance from other 5D Units, Master Patrol Officer Rosario and Recruit Officer Konkoi took the extremely dangerous Fugitive into custody without incident and recovered the stolen vehicle.

      Once arrested, they learned that the extremely dangerous fugitive was also wanted on two outstanding arrest warrants, one in Fairfax, Virginia and one from here in the District of Columbia.

      The dedication to duty and attention to detail exhibited by both Master Patrol Officer Rosario and Recruit Officer Konkoi removed an extremely dangerous Fugitive from our community without incident and recovered the victim's stolen vehicle within three hours of the regional law enforcement alert! Both the Fairfax County Virginia Police Department and the crime victim were extremely grateful to these Officers assigned here to the Fifth Police District. As a side note, this is Recruit Officer Konkoi's third night on Patrol after graduating from the Metropolitan Police Academy last Friday!

      The Fifth Police District Command Staff, under the leadership and direction of Commander Solberg, wish to again share with you another example of the hard work, dedication and effort put forth by our Officers protecting and serving you, our community.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013

        Thanks Keith.  Much appreciated.

        www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.

        A job well done and one that we are extremely gracious for both the skills and the dedication of these two officers.

        May God continue to protect you daily as you protect and defend.

        Keith Jarrell

        --

        Even life begins because, a baby fights for freedom.

        (Let Freedom Ring)

        Please be informed that if you are in receipt of this email by intent, it is provided solely for the use of communicating with you as the intended target.  Use or duplication of this email including forwarding of attached email or any part of which is forbidden. To do so could result in a complaint being filed against you in multiple jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia, and or the state in which you also live.  Keith Jarrell

        Keith Jarrell

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013

          Thank you Commissioner Henderson.  We appreciate your support.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013
            This is exellent police team work!  Great work for Recruit officer Kunkoi for his outstanding work on his 3rd night on duty.  Patrol Officer Rosario should also be commended for working wth a new officer in the accomplishment of an extremely challenging arrest.

            Carol Fleming, Recording Secretary
            5D CAC

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 15, 2013

              Thanks Carol.

              We’ll pass along your support t MPO Rosario and Ofc. Konkol.