5D CAC 2006 Award Recipients

  • Art Slater
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2006
      Dear MPD-5D Listserv Members,

      The MPD Fifth District 2006 Award Selection Committee has met and has selected the awardees that will be honored at the 2006 Fifth District Citizens' Advisory Council Awards Dinner. Whether as friend or community group, you can show your support for the honorees and the Fifth District at large. The full list of Awardees appears below at the end of this message. In this regard,

      The Fifth District Citizens' Advisory Council requests your presence at the

      2006 Fifth District Citizens' Advisory Council Awards Dinner
      The Washington Navy Yard
      Catering and Conventions Center
      Washington, DC

      Thursday, October 19, 2006

      Reception begins at 6:30 p.m.

      Tickets are $40
      Tables of 10 are $400

      If you are unable to attend, please consider making a donation to defray the costs of attendance for police and civilian honorees, providing the awards or for the production of the commemorative souvenir journal. There is still time to place an ad in the journal until close of business Tuesday, October 10, 2006. A gift of any size will help subsidize the cost of offering the event at as low a cost possible. In any case, you can join our list of event patrons for a donation of $25. Please make checks payable to 5D CAC, PO Box 90436, Washington, DC 20090. Feel free to contact me by e-mail or at (202) 387-4341.

      Having served admirably during the recent Crime Emergency, Fifth District officers have been on the streets and stepping up their efforts to make a stronger impact on crime. More residents are assuming a place of stronger involvement in public safety. When we acknowledge and celebrate exemplary achievements on the part of those who serve, we encourage our officers and communities and can raise our expectations in an atmosphere of support and community engagement. So while we spend one night of celebration, your continual presence at your PSA, CAC and community organization meetings will ensure that you remain a vital partner in public safety and help build a better Fifth District Community.

      In the spirit of reflecting on what our city can be in the future with all of our talents, and hopes for the new city administration, and especially within our Fifth District Community, I invite you to join us and I am asking for your support.

      Sincerely,

      Art Slater
      Chairperson
      MPD Fifth District Citizens' Advisory Council (5D CAC)

      _______________

      The Fifth District 2006 Award Selection Committee has selected the following civilian and sworn member as award recipients in the following categories:

      MPD FIFTH DISTRICT

      CITIZENS' ADVISORY COUNCIL

      (5D CAC)

      2006 AWARDS