FW: Corrected Traffic Advisory: Scheduled Street Closures for the St. Patrick's Day 8-K Race
- Please see corrected Traffic Advisory. The previous advisory neglected to identify locations in Southwest.
Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Transportation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, March 8, 2013
Media Contacts: Monica Hernandez (DDOT) – 202-671-2261, monica.hernandez@...
Officer Araz Alali (MPD) – 202-727-4383
***CORRECTED TRAFFIC ADVISORY***
Scheduled Street Closures for the St. Patrick’s Day 8-K Race
(Washington, DC) The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about the scheduled street closures for the St. Patrick’s Day 8-K Race scheduled to take place on Sunday, March 10, 2013 in the District of Columbia.
In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration.
Beginning at approximately 5:30 a.m. through 1:00 p.m. the streets listed below will be affected by the street closures.
The race will form on Pennsylvania Avenue between 12th and 14th Street, NW, and will proceed over the following route:
· East on Pennsylvania Avenue to Constitution Avenue, NW
· East on Constitution Avenue to Louisiana Avenue, NW to D Street, NW
· East on D Street to 1st Street, NW
· North on 1st Street NW where they will make a U-turn at Columbus Circle, NW
· South on 1st Street to Constitution Avenue, NW where they will make a U-turn and proceed North on 1st Street to D Street, NW
· West on D Street to Louisiana Avenue, NW
· Southwest on Louisiana Avenue to Constitution Avenue, NW
· West on Constitution Avenue to 3rd Street, NW
· South on 3rd Street to Independence Avenue, SW
· East on Independence Avenue to 2nd Street, SW
· South on 2nd Street to E Street, SW
· West on E Street to 3rd Street, SW
· North on 3rd Street to Independence Avenue, SW
· West on Independence Avenue to 7th Street, SW where they will make a U-turn then proceed East on Independence Avenue to 3rd Street, SW
· North on 3rd Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW,
· 10th Street, NW South on 10th Street, NW where they will turn around at the second median strip then proceed North on 10th Street to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
· West on Pennsylvania Avenue, NW to the finish where they will disband.
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
Motorists could encounter possible delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District
Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.