RE: [MPD-5D] Light Pole at 21st & H Sts NE

  • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3117 , Mar 8, 2013

      Hello Patrick,

      We rotate the Light Tower to various locations based on several factors.  The absence of crime listed on the Daily Crime Reports can within itself serve as an indicator that the deployment of the lights are fulfilling its purpose.

      Crime is but one guideline used when deploying the lights.  Community concerns, quality of life issues, suspicious individuals, and intelligence information regarding activity in a particular area are some of the other factors we consider.

      Thank you for being an active participant and helping us to provide a safe environment for all.

      Capt. J. Brown

      5th District

      (202) 698-0288

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov

      Message 3117 of 3117 , Today at 4:44 AM
        Thank you for responding, and working to keep our communities safe.

        We all have to stay alert to our surroundings always.

        Be safe out there!

        Stephanie

        Stephanie "The One" 😎

        "The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook." - W.James

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 3, 2015, at 2:40 AM, 'Griffin, Randy (MPD)' randy.griffin@... [MPD-5D] <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        An adult male suspect attempted to take a purse from another person.  A physical altercation ensued and the suspect was unsuccessful in his robbery attempt.