RE: [MPD-5D] Light Pole at 21st & H Sts NE

  • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2997 , Mar 8, 2013

      Hello Patrick,

      We rotate the Light Tower to various locations based on several factors.  The absence of crime listed on the Daily Crime Reports can within itself serve as an indicator that the deployment of the lights are fulfilling its purpose.

      Crime is but one guideline used when deploying the lights.  Community concerns, quality of life issues, suspicious individuals, and intelligence information regarding activity in a particular area are some of the other factors we consider.

      Thank you for being an active participant and helping us to provide a safe environment for all.

      Capt. J. Brown

      5th District

      (202) 698-0288

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov

      Message 2997 of 2997 , Today at 12:33 AM

        PSA: 501
        CCN: 15059670
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 20:27
        OFFENSE: Burglary
        METHOD: Second Degree Burglary (Armed Or Otherwise)
        BLOCK: 1 - 1727 BLOCK OF RANDOLPH PLACE NW
        LOCATION: Single-Family Dwelling
        START DT: 04/25/2015 21:00
        END DT: 04/26/2015 20:00
        PSA: 502
        CCN: 15059443
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 12:08
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft 2 F/Auto: Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories
        BLOCK: 2800 - 2817 BLOCK OF NORTH CAPITOL STREET
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 04/26/2015 12:00
        END DT: 04/26/2015 12:02
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15059323
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 03:03
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 2800 - 3601 BLOCK OF NEW YORK AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
        START DT: 04/25/2015 21:00
        END DT: 04/26/2015 03:03
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15059406
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 10:18
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 2800 - 3601 BLOCK OF NEW YORK AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 04/25/2015 21:00
        END DT: 04/26/2015 10:00
        PSA: 504
        CCN: 15059348
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 04:20
        OFFENSE: Burglary
        METHOD: Second Degree Burglary (Armed Or Otherwise)
        BLOCK: 1800 - 1999 BLOCK OF MONROE STREET NE
        LOCATION: School/College
        START DT: 04/26/2015 04:12
        END DT: 04/26/2015 04:19
        PSA: 504
        CCN: 15059488
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 14:06
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 1000 - 1099 BLOCK OF FRANKLIN STREET NE
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 04/26/2015 13:45
        END DT: 04/26/2015 14:00
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15059341
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 04:19
        OFFENSE: Robbery
        METHOD: Robbery -- Force & Violence
        BLOCK: 1600 - 1769 BLOCK OF NEW YORK AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Hotel/Motel/Etc.
        START DT: 04/25/2015 00:30
        END DT: 04/25/2015 01:00
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15059502
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 14:45
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 1200 - 1249 BLOCK OF NEW YORK AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Service/Gas Station
        START DT: 04/26/2015 14:30
        END DT: 04/26/2015 14:35
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15059616
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 18:41
        OFFENSE: Robbery
        METHOD: Robbery Snatch Or Pursesnatch
        BLOCK:
        LOCATION: Other
        START DT: 04/26/2015 18:00
        END DT: 04/26/2015 18:33
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15059356
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 05:16
        OFFENSE: Robbery
        METHOD: Robbery -- Force & Violence
        BLOCK: 701 - 755 BLOCK OF FLORIDA AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: School/College
        START DT: 04/26/2015 05:16
        END DT: 04/26/2015 05:16
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15059536
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 21:00
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 300 - 399 BLOCK OF MORSE STREET NE
        LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
        START DT: 04/26/2015 15:40
        END DT: 04/26/2015 15:55
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15059630
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 19:35
        OFFENSE: Assault W/Dangerous Weapon
        METHOD: Assault W/Intent To Kill Or To Poison
        BLOCK: 1200 - 1299 BLOCK OF MOUNT OLIVET ROAD NE
        LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
        START DT: 04/26/2015 17:49
        END DT: 04/26/2015 19:15
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15059689
        RPT DATE: 04/26/2015 21:30
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 1301 - 1398 BLOCK OF 2ND STREET NE
        LOCATION: Convenience Store
        START DT: 04/26/2015 20:30
        END DT: 04/26/2015 20:42

        KEY:

        OFFENSE - Crime Classification.

        BLOCK - Block where the crime occurred.

        START DT - Earliest datetime the incident could have occurred.

        END DT - Latest datetime the incident could have occurred.

        ADW - Assault With A Deadly Weapon

        F&V - Force and Violence

        PBS - Pocketbook Snatch

        P/P - Pickpocket