Neighborhood Watch Training March 14 2013

  • 5D Community Outreach Coordinator
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013

      Good Afternoon, 5D Community

      From the desk of Neighborhood Watch Trainer, Samantha Nolan

      Come learn how you can help reduce crime in DC and reduce your chances of becoming a crime victim.  The next Neighborhood Watch Training is scheduled for March 14 at 7:00 pm at the Second District MPD Station located at 3320 Idaho Avenue NW. This is a 90 minute training session.

      The training helps individuals understand what criminals are looking for when they want to commit a crime.  More than 80% of crime is preventable.  By learning what criminals are looking for, individuals can lower their possibility of becoming a crime victim. The training includes pictures of actual crime scenes which help describe why the crime occurred where it occurred.

      If interested in attending, please email Samantha Nolan at NolanTutor@... so she can plan handouts based on the number of attendees.

      I look forward to seeing you there.

      Samantha Nolan

      Citywide Neighborhood Watch Trainer

      Citizens Advisory Council

      Mark Your Calendars, Tell Your Neighbors, Bring Your Friends

      See You There

      MPD Community Outreach

    • Kathy Henderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
        I encourage concerned residents to consider attending this training. Things that are often overlooked or taken for granted create crimes of opportunity for criminals. The average criminal is looking for a quick and easy way to steal your property or commit other crimes without being caught. This training will help level the playing field against thieves and other thugs.
        Kathy Henderson
        khenderson029@...