RE: [MPD-5D] Incident this evening

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
      Fifth District Units observed a male subject that appeared to have a weapon.  The subject fled and was subsequently stopped.  Recovered was a loaded handgun.

      Fifth Police District Detectives will be looking at this arrested individual to determine whether we can link him to other criminal offenses and crimes of violence.

      We must apologize, oft times when events such as these are unfolding, weapons are involved and our officers are in the preliminary investigative phase, we do not share information with concerned citizens such as you.  I can tell you from 30 plus years experience with the Metropolitan DC Police Department this information sharing is not intentional.  List Serv's such as this are a thing of beauty and allow us and you to share insights, observations and have an open and free exchange of information.

      We would like to commend our Fifth District Officers for remaining vigilant and detecting individuals like the one arrested that possess loaded weapons.  We encourage those of you who regularly monitor, submit questions, information and responses to us to congratulate them as well. Stay safe and thank you for being our partner in reducing crime and the fear of crime within our Nation's Capital.

      Mark Beach
      Captain of Police
      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-345-1313 BlackBerry
      202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
      202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
      202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
      202-727-9099 Command Information Center
      "Commitment to Excellence"

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
            Excellent work and bravery on the part of these officers. Many thanks for your commitment to not just doing your job but to helping to make our neighborhoods safer.

            Keith

            --

            Even life begins because, a baby fights for freedom.

            (Let Freedom Ring)

            Please be informed that if you are in receipt of this email by intent, it is provided solely for the use of communicating with you as the intended target.  Use or duplication of this email including forwarding of attached email or any part of which is forbidden. To do so could result in a complaint being filed against you in multiple jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia, and or the state in which you also live.  Keith Jarrell

            Keith Jarrell