Incident this evening

  • Charles Bashara
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2013
      Greetings. Can the police report on the incident last evening in the 2300
      block of Third Street, NE? There were several police cars on site, and
      officers were searching yards and vehicles with flashlights. Although I
      identified myself as a concerned homeowner, officers were unwilling to
      discuss the incident, at all, so I'm hoping to find out here.

      Chuck on Adams Street
    • Beach, Mark (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
        Fifth District Units observed a male subject that appeared to have a weapon.  The subject fled and was subsequently stopped.  Recovered was a loaded handgun.

        Fifth Police District Detectives will be looking at this arrested individual to determine whether we can link him to other criminal offenses and crimes of violence.

        We must apologize, oft times when events such as these are unfolding, weapons are involved and our officers are in the preliminary investigative phase, we do not share information with concerned citizens such as you.  I can tell you from 30 plus years experience with the Metropolitan DC Police Department this information sharing is not intentional.  List Serv's such as this are a thing of beauty and allow us and you to share insights, observations and have an open and free exchange of information.

        We would like to commend our Fifth District Officers for remaining vigilant and detecting individuals like the one arrested that possess loaded weapons.  We encourage those of you who regularly monitor, submit questions, information and responses to us to congratulate them as well. Stay safe and thank you for being our partner in reducing crime and the fear of crime within our Nation's Capital.

        Mark Beach
        Captain of Police
        Metropolitan DC Police Department
        Fifth Police District
        1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
        Washington, DC 20002
        202-345-1313 BlackBerry
        202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
        202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
        202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
        202-727-9099 Command Information Center
        "Commitment to Excellence"

        Visit
        www.Grade.DC.gov

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
          Thanks 5D for getting another illegal weapon off of our streets!
          *Amber H.*

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 7, 2013
              Excellent work and bravery on the part of these officers. Many thanks for your commitment to not just doing your job but to helping to make our neighborhoods safer.

              Keith

              --

              Even life begins because, a baby fights for freedom.

              (Let Freedom Ring)

              Please be informed that if you are in receipt of this email by intent, it is provided solely for the use of communicating with you as the intended target.  Use or duplication of this email including forwarding of attached email or any part of which is forbidden. To do so could result in a complaint being filed against you in multiple jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia, and or the state in which you also live.  Keith Jarrell

              Keith Jarrell