Re: [MPD-5D] Police Response

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
      We REALLY appreciate what was an amazing response! Knowing that our officers apprehended the suspect(s) is great!! I am sending an electronic HIGH FIVE to the team!!

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      From: "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...<mailto:morgaorgan.kane@...<mailto:morgan.kane@...>>
      Date: March 2, 2013, 8:48:16 PM EST
      To: "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>>
      Cc: "mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>" <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>>, "ward5@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ward5@yahoogroups.com>" <ward5@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ward5@yahoogroups.com>>
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Police Response

      Our officers in the 5th District ROCK! This was outstanding police work!

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Mar 2, 2013, at 8:33 PM, "khenderson029@...<mailto:khenderson029@...>" <khenderson029@...<mailto:khenderson029@...>> wrote:

      Good Evening:

      I understand an armed carjacking just took place in the vicinity of 11th and Raum in Trinidad. I am very pleased to report that the massive police response resulted in the capture of the suspect(s). Way to go team!!

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

      Grade.DC.gov<http://Grade.DC.gov> has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      Visit www.Grade.DC.gov<http://www.Grade.DC.gov> today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.
    • RobbyCU
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
        Didn't it begin further south?  From Twitter, I understand it did not begin in Trinidad, but sadly ended up here.  I think this level of a show of force makes people feel good, but that we have to expend that level of resources to a rocking success is a bit alarming.   I'm all for guns blazing and a show of force, but I'm also for earlier intervention and interception. That's something the police cannot do alone. Residents need to assist the police, yes snitch or, whatever being a decent citizen is called these days.  These heroic acts make good press, but they all to often can end badly. I never want to learn of an officer's family that has to grapple with the ultimate sacrifice. We owe it to ourselves, our MPD, and our communities to stay alert and as our Dept of Homeland Security says, "If you see something, say something".

        -Robby

        "In everything you do. Always be yourself"- Lee Hall, Billy Elliot

        On Mar 2, 2013, at 8:33 PM, "khenderson029@..." <khenderson029@...> wrote:

        > Good Evening:
        >
        > I understand an armed carjacking just took place in the vicinity of 11th and Raum in Trinidad. I am very pleased to report that the massive police response resulted in the capture of the suspect(s). Way to go team!!
        >
        > Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
          The carjacking originated in the 6th district and the apprehension was made in the 5th district.

          From: "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...<mailto:morgaorgan.kane@...<mailto:morgan.kane@...>>
          Date: March 2, 2013, 8:48:16 PM EST
          To: "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>>
          Cc: "mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>" <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>>, "ward5@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ward5@yahoogroups.com>" <ward5@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ward5@yahoogroups.com>>

[...]