Police Response

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
      Good Evening:

      I understand an armed carjacking just took place in the vicinity of 11th and Raum in Trinidad. I am very pleased to report that the massive police response resulted in the capture of the suspect(s). Way to go team!!

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
    • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
        Our officers in the 5th District ROCK! This was outstanding police work!

        Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
        Fifth District Station
        Metropolitan Police Department
        1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
        Washington, DC 20002
        202-391-6862 (cell)
        202-698-0150 (station)

        On Mar 2, 2013, at 8:33 PM, "khenderson029@..." <khenderson029@...> wrote:

        > Good Evening:
        >
        > I understand an armed carjacking just took place in the vicinity of 11th and Raum in Trinidad. I am very pleased to report that the massive police response resulted in the capture of the suspect(s). Way to go team!!
        >
        > Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
        Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.
      • khenderson029
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
          We REALLY appreciate what was an amazing response! Knowing that our officers apprehended the suspect(s) is great!! I am sending an electronic HIGH FIVE to the team!!

          Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
          From: "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...<mailto:morgaorgan.kane@...<mailto:morgan.kane@...>>
          Date: March 2, 2013, 8:48:16 PM EST
          To: "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>>
          Cc: "mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>" <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>>, "ward5@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ward5@yahoogroups.com>" <ward5@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ward5@yahoogroups.com>>
          Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Police Response

          On Mar 2, 2013, at 8:33 PM, "khenderson029@...<mailto:khenderson029@...>" <khenderson029@...<mailto:khenderson029@...>> wrote:

          Good Evening:

          I understand an armed carjacking just took place in the vicinity of 11th and Raum in Trinidad. I am very pleased to report that the massive police response resulted in the capture of the suspect(s). Way to go team!!

          Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

          Grade.DC.gov<http://Grade.DC.gov> has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
          Visit www.Grade.DC.gov<http://www.Grade.DC.gov> today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.
        • RobbyCU
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
            Didn't it begin further south?  From Twitter, I understand it did not begin in Trinidad, but sadly ended up here.  I think this level of a show of force makes people feel good, but that we have to expend that level of resources to a rocking success is a bit alarming.   I'm all for guns blazing and a show of force, but I'm also for earlier intervention and interception. That's something the police cannot do alone. Residents need to assist the police, yes snitch or, whatever being a decent citizen is called these days.  These heroic acts make good press, but they all to often can end badly. I never want to learn of an officer's family that has to grapple with the ultimate sacrifice. We owe it to ourselves, our MPD, and our communities to stay alert and as our Dept of Homeland Security says, "If you see something, say something".

            -Robby

            "In everything you do. Always be yourself"- Lee Hall, Billy Elliot

            Our officers in the 5th District ROCK! This was outstanding police work!

            Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
            Fifth District Station
            Metropolitan Police Department
            1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
            Washington, DC 20002
            202-391-6862 (cell)
            202-698-0150 (station)

            On Mar 2, 2013, at 8:33 PM, "khenderson029@..." <khenderson029@...> wrote:

            > Good Evening:
            >
            > I understand an armed carjacking just took place in the vicinity of 11th and Raum in Trinidad. I am very pleased to report that the massive police response resulted in the capture of the suspect(s). Way to go team!!
            >
            > Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

            Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
              The carjacking originated in the 6th district and the apprehension was made in the 5th district.

              From: "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...<mailto:morgaorgan.kane@...<mailto:morgan.kane@...>>
              Date: March 2, 2013, 8:48:16 PM EST
              To: "MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<mailto:MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>>
              Cc: "mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>" <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mailto:mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>>, "ward5@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ward5@yahoogroups.com>" <ward5@yahoogroups.com<mailto:ward5@yahoogroups.com>>

[...]