RE: [MPD-5D] Re: Award Recipients at 5D

  • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013

      Thank you so very much Brian for the kind words.  I am humbled by the warm welcome I have received from the members of the 5th District as well as the citizens we serve!!  Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance to you all!

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013
        Hi Lt Kane,

        So sorry I missed the award ceremony; very proud of our officers and their accomplishments. Tell them "Keep up the GREAT work". Ain't no stopping us now

        Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

        Booker T. Washington

        On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:12 PM, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...> wrote:

        > Thank you so very much Brian for the kind words. I am humbled by the warm welcome I have received from the members of the 5th District as well as the citizens we serve!! Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance to you all!
        >

        > Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
        > Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

      • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013

          I absolutely will Ms. Steiner!  Thank you!

          Visit
          www.Grade.DC.gov

          "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" wrote:

          > We are proud to announce that at last night’s MPD Annual Awards
          Ceremony, three of our Fifth District officers were recognized for their outstanding performance for the past year.

          > Officer Jerry Afari, who most recently has been assigned to PSA 507 until
          he was re-assigned to the 5D Street Crimes Unit, was the Fifth District’s Officer of the Year.

          > Sergeant Duncan Bedlion, who works the day shift and is assigned to PSA
          507, was recognized as the MPD’s Sergeant of the Year for the entire department.

          > Captain Morgan Kane, who came to 5D in mid-December 2012, was named by
          Chief Lanier as the Employee of the Year in the Bureau of the Executive Office of the Chief of Police, where she had been assigned for the previous five years, working directly for the Chief. In the short time she has been assigned to us at 5D, it is clear she has brought the same enthusiasm to 5D she showed when she worked for Chief Lanier, and we should all thank Chief Lanier for assigning her to 5D.

          > Thank you to all of you who attended last night’s ceremony and showed
          your support for all the members of the MPD.

          > Andy Solberg
          >
          > Commander, 5D

        • shirley smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013
            Congratulations to Captain Kane and the other awardees.

            ANC Commissioner 5B01