RE: [MPD-5D] Re: Daily Crime Report - 5D

  • Wright, Andre (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3012 , Mar 1, 2013

      Good evening, unfortunately some criminals are adept at accessing homes through open or unlocked windows and doors. These offenses generally occur during the day when they know that nobody is home. I’m happy to inform you that a lot of the calls MPD receives relative to burglaries are because of very attentive neighbors or good citizens in the community that immediate report suspicious activity, which allows us to quickly respond and take action. Obviously, there are times when such crimes go unnoticed. Below are a few burglary prevention tips that are recommended by MPD;

      Don’t leave empty boxes which advertise newly purchased items outside of your home.

      Flood lights, or motion sensor lights are also effective, as criminals do not wish to be seen when committing crimes.

      Communicating with your neighbors, family and friends before leaving your home for prolonged periods of time.

      Don’t let your mail accumulate in your mail box.

      Consider installing a security alarm system that alerts MPD when tripped/activated.

      Do not place your valuable items where they are easily viewed by the public.

      Ensure that you always lock all of your windows and doors, to include the garage door as well.

      Report any suspicious activity in the neighborhood, and we will gladly come out and investigate the matter.

      Although the Fifth District has experienced some burglaries, I am happy to report that we are currently experiencing a significant decrease in that offense. We will continue to aggressively combat burglaries and all other crimes in our district. If you have any other questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 202-492-1067. Have a great evening.

      From: " Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...>

      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:16:17 -0500

      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com < MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com >

      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      A residence was entered through a rear window, and cash and jewelry were stolen.

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

      Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

      Message 3012 of 3012 , Today at 8:34 AM

        Thank you. Yes, that's what I meant.

        Thanks again.

        Have a great day.

        LD Lee

        Sent from my Verizon Smartphone

        From: mpd.reports@... [MPD-5D]

        Date: Mon, May 4, 2015 9:58 AM

        To: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com;

        Subject:[MPD-5D] Daily Crime Report - 5D

        PSA: 501
        CCN: 15063460
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 17:01
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 2116 - 2215 BLOCK OF 2ND STREET NW
        LOCATION: Other Residence (Apartment/Condo)
        START DT: 05/02/2015 21:03
        END DT: 05/02/2015 21:04
        PSA: 501
        CCN: 15063510
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 19:00
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 100 - 199 BLOCK OF FLORIDA AVENUE NW
        LOCATION: Park/Playground
        START DT: 05/03/2015 18:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 18:10
        PSA: 501
        CCN: 15063528
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 19:00
        OFFENSE: Burglary
        METHOD: First Degree Burglary (Armed Or Otherwise)
        BLOCK: 100 - 199 BLOCK OF RANDOLPH PLACE NW
        LOCATION: Residence/Home
        START DT: 05/03/2015 17:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 18:00
        PSA: 502
        CCN: 15063203
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 03:50
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 700 - 799 BLOCK OF MONROE STREET NE
        LOCATION: Sidewalk
        START DT: 05/02/2015 16:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 02:08
        PSA: 502
        CCN: 15063240
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 03:24
        OFFENSE: Robbery
        METHOD: Robbery -- Force & Violence
        BLOCK:
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 05/03/2015 02:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 03:24
        PSA: 502
        CCN: 15063276
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 07:58
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 1
        BLOCK: 1 - 99 BLOCK OF SEATON PLACE NE
        LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
        START DT: 05/02/2015 18:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 07:45
        PSA: 502
        CCN: 15063518
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 17:57
        OFFENSE: Assault W/Dangerous Weapon
        METHOD: Adw -- Other Dangerous Weapon
        BLOCK: 2 - 99 BLOCK OF S STREET NE
        LOCATION: Residence/Home
        START DT: 05/03/2015 17:50
        END DT: 05/03/2015 17:55
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15063330
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 11:23
        OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft
        METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle
        BLOCK: 3600 - 3699 BLOCK OF 28TH STREET NE
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 05/02/2015 11:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 11:17
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15063431
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 16:30
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 1860 - 1949 BLOCK OF MICHIGAN AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
        START DT: 05/03/2015 15:35
        END DT: 05/03/2015 16:20
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15063435
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 16:20
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft F/Auto (Tags)
        BLOCK: 2100 - 2199 BLOCK OF 30TH STREET NE
        LOCATION: Residence/Home
        START DT: 05/03/2015 10:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 14:00
        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15063449
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 16:50
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft 2 F/Auto: Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories
        BLOCK: 2400 - 2427 BLOCK OF LAWRENCE STREET NE
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 05/03/2015 07:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 11:00
        PSA: 504
        CCN: 15063324
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 14:00
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 2800 - 2859 BLOCK OF 16TH PLACE NE
        LOCATION: Sidewalk
        START DT: 05/03/2015 02:30
        END DT: 05/03/2015 10:30
        PSA: 504
        CCN: 15063340
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 12:13
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 1
        BLOCK: 1000 - 1099 BLOCK OF RHODE ISLAND AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
        START DT: 05/03/2015 12:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 12:13
        PSA: 504
        CCN: 15063399
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 15:11
        OFFENSE: Burglary
        METHOD: First Degree Burglary (Armed Or Otherwise)
        BLOCK: 1000 - 1099 BLOCK OF DOUGLAS STREET NE
        LOCATION: Residence/Home
        START DT: 05/03/2015 12:49
        END DT: 05/03/2015 12:54
        PSA: 504
        CCN: 15063621
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 23:35
        OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft
        METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle
        BLOCK: 1400 - 1499 BLOCK OF IRVING STREET NE
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 05/02/2015 19:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 22:30
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15063560
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 20:55
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 1000 - 1111 BLOCK OF BRENTWOOD ROAD NE
        LOCATION: Convenience Store
        START DT: 05/03/2015 20:40
        END DT: 05/03/2015 20:51
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15063107
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 00:05
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 1300 - 1399 BLOCK OF CHILDRESS STREET NE
        LOCATION: Park/Playground
        START DT: 05/02/2015 23:50
        END DT: 05/02/2015 23:55
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15063115
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 00:45
        OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft
        METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle
        BLOCK: 1000 - 1099 BLOCK OF 16TH STREET NE
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 05/03/2015 00:10
        END DT: 05/03/2015 00:20
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15063148
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 01:45
        OFFENSE: Assault W/Dangerous Weapon
        METHOD: Adw -- Knife
        BLOCK:
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 05/03/2015 01:30
        END DT: 05/03/2015 01:40
        PSA: 507
        CCN: 15063488
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 17:36
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 1 (Theft F/Building)
        BLOCK: 500 - 599 BLOCK OF 21ST STREET NE
        LOCATION: Residence/Home
        START DT: 04/30/2015 18:00
        END DT: 05/03/2015 16:45
        PSA: 507
        CCN: 15063576
        RPT DATE: 05/03/2015 20:54
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 1670 - 1699 BLOCK OF MARYLAND AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Customer Area
        START DT: 05/03/2015 20:51
        END DT: 05/03/2015 20:53

        KEY:

        OFFENSE - Crime Classification.

        BLOCK - Block where the crime occurred.

        START DT - Earliest datetime the incident could have occurred.

        END DT - Latest datetime the incident could have occurred.

        ADW - Assault With A Deadly Weapon

        F&V - Force and Violence

        PBS - Pocketbook Snatch

        P/P - Pickpocket