Re: [ward5] Congratulations to Fifth District Award Recipients

  • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2013
      Thank you Commissioner!

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Mar 1, 2013, at 12:30 PM, "khenderson029@..." <khenderson029@...> wrote:

      I sent this message yesterday but did not see it posted. Congratulations again!

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

      From: Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...>
      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:31:15 -0500 (EST)
      Subject: [ward5] Congratulations to Fifth District Award Recipients

      On behalf of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 5D, I extend  hearty congratulations to all of the Fifth District Award recipients. When our women and men in law enforcement are recognized for meritorious service all residents have cause to celebrate  and beam with pride and appreciation. We thank you for your initial commitment to serve and protect the citizens of the District of Columbia and we rejoice with you for service that is clearly above and beyond the call of duty. Again, thank you honorees for your dedicated service and for making us proud! We also appreciate the law enforcement personnel not receiving awards tonight and we look forward to seeing your names on next year's award list.

      Warmest Regards,

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      Chairman, 5D

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov

    • khenderson029
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2013
        I would like to add that I am not surprised these individuals were honored last night. I have nothing but high praise for Captain Kane and the exemplary manner in which she performs her job, and her wonderful demeanor. Sergeant Bedlion could write a book on conscientious performance of duties and he is highly regarded by his neighbors in Ward 5. Officer Afari is also very serious about undertaking his police duties; he has a unique ability to quickly assess situations requiring a police response and he springs into action.

        We appreciate your initial willingness to serve and protect our community and we really get excited about exceptional police work. Thank you again for exceptional service to our city.

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        From: "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 14:24:12 -0500