Re: [MPD-5D] Award Recipients at 5D

  • JWhitfield
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013
      Great job to all the people working to make our city a safer place to live!

      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 1, 2013, at 8:34 AM, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

      We are proud to announce that at last night’s MPD Annual Awards Ceremony, three of our Fifth District officers were recognized for their outstanding performance for the past year.

      Officer Jerry Afari, who most recently has been assigned to PSA 507 until he was re-assigned to the 5D Street Crimes Unit, was the Fifth District’s Officer of the Year.

      Sergeant Duncan Bedlion, who works the day shift and is assigned to PSA 507, was recognized as the MPD’s Sergeant of the Year for the entire department.

      Captain Morgan Kane, who came to 5D in mid-December 2012, was named by Chief Lanier as the Employee of the Year in the Bureau of the Executive Office of the Chief of Police, where she had been assigned for the previous five years, working directly for the Chief.  In the short time she has been assigned to us at 5D, it is clear she has brought the same enthusiasm to 5D she showed when she worked for Chief Lanier, and we should all thank Chief Lanier for assigning her to 5D.

      Thank you to all of you who attended last night’s ceremony and showed your support for all the members of the MPD.

      Andy Solberg

      Commander, 5D

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

    • brian.ions
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013
        Thank you, Commander.

        Congratulations to all the awardees last night. Don and I also extend our profound gratitude for the service and sacrifice of all the men and women of the Metropolitan Police Department, in 5-D and all across the city-- and that of your families and loved ones.

        Public safety policy issues and news headlines will come and go. But the overwhelming majority of citizens of this city know that it is YOUR professional service-- day in and day out, 24/7/365-- that keeps our city, our neighborhoods and our homeland safe.

        Thank you, one and all.

        Being in 504, I have also had the great pleasure of working with Captain Kane already. Kane hit 5D's ground running. On more than a couple of occasions now, i have found her to be very approachable and responsive.

        I was once advised by a wise pro who loved his job, that great cops are like great sponges. They absorb details well. I think that comes naturally to Captain Kane. (Then too, I always probably 'test' the newbies with more than my fair share of 'details'.)
        :D
        Captain Kane is both well-informed and absorbent. So this is just a personal testimonial/shout out recommending Captain Kane (and her patience) to all in 5D.

        Thanks, Captain, congrats, and again, welcome to 5D!

        brian/
        psa 504

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013

          Thank you so very much Brian for the kind words.  I am humbled by the warm welcome I have received from the members of the 5th District as well as the citizens we serve!!  Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance to you all!

          Visit
          www.Grade.DC.gov

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2013
            Hi Lt Kane,

            So sorry I missed the award ceremony; very proud of our officers and their accomplishments. Tell them "Keep up the GREAT work". Ain't no stopping us now

            Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

            Booker T. Washington

            On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:12 PM, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...> wrote:

            > Thank you so very much Brian for the kind words. I am humbled by the warm welcome I have received from the members of the 5th District as well as the citizens we serve!! Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance to you all!
            >

            > Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
            > Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

          • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013

              I absolutely will Ms. Steiner!  Thank you!

              Visit
              www.Grade.DC.gov

              "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" wrote:

              > We are proud to announce that at last night’s MPD Annual Awards
              Ceremony, three of our Fifth District officers were recognized for their outstanding performance for the past year.

              > Officer Jerry Afari, who most recently has been assigned to PSA 507 until
              he was re-assigned to the 5D Street Crimes Unit, was the Fifth District’s Officer of the Year.

              > Sergeant Duncan Bedlion, who works the day shift and is assigned to PSA
              507, was recognized as the MPD’s Sergeant of the Year for the entire department.

              > Captain Morgan Kane, who came to 5D in mid-December 2012, was named by
              Chief Lanier as the Employee of the Year in the Bureau of the Executive Office of the Chief of Police, where she had been assigned for the previous five years, working directly for the Chief. In the short time she has been assigned to us at 5D, it is clear she has brought the same enthusiasm to 5D she showed when she worked for Chief Lanier, and we should all thank Chief Lanier for assigning her to 5D.

              > Thank you to all of you who attended last night’s ceremony and showed
              your support for all the members of the MPD.

              > Andy Solberg
              >
              > Commander, 5D

            • shirley smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 2, 2013
                Congratulations to Captain Kane and the other awardees.

                ANC Commissioner 5B01