Re: [MPD-6D] RE: [MPD-4D] Re: [MPD-5D] Daily Crime Reports

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26 6:55 AM
      Thank you Mr. Streff - clearly you understand what we are going through merging millions of records; reconciling duplicates, identifying irregularities and retraining 5,000 employee's (and all of our criminal justice partners who have to access the system). I appreciate your understanding.

      Cathy L. Lanier
      Chief of Police
      Washington, D.C.
      (202) 727-4218

      On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:41 AM, "Ronnie Streff" <streff_ronnie@...> wrote:

      Thanks for keeping us informed, Chief. As a database administrator I've gone through many (small compared to MPD!) upgrades that were major for the organizations I work for. Months of planning and work can be delayed for months by one vendor not doing something in an expected way or misinterpreting one part of a contract, or when additional opportunities present themselves causing a change in the original scope--been there done that!

      Keep up the much needed work of automating things in the department that allow refocusing assets and officer time to patrol duties.

      THANKS!
      Ronnie
      Capitol View
      PSA 608
      6th District
      Ward 7

      Sent from my iPad

      On Feb 25, 2013, at 17:08, "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...> wrote:

      Keith, as I have stated many times- we consolidated all of our records, which resided in numerous data bases, to one records management system.  This process takes time and it has been down since September of 2012- happily, as I stated today, we are almost ready to turn Crime Mapping back on.

      As far as your question about previous downtime- as you are aware there is always unexpected problems with technology- and the need to refresh and update.  We do our best to keep our residents informed.