Re: Crime Map ... + Daily Crime Stats

  • brian
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
      Thanks, Captain. We have lots of folks (both established and new arrivals) on the various Brookland listservs who actually live in 4D. Just so they can all know...

      Was the Daily Crime Stats suspension issue (with its anticipated restoration) limited to the MPD-5D listserv or was it a citywide thing, affecting all MPD district listservs?

      Thanks.

      brian/
      504

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...> wrote:

      We are aware and working to fix this issue.  The reports should be back at the beginning of this week.

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      --

      On Feb 24, 2013, at 8:21 AM, "S"  wrote:

      Daily crime stats have not been published for over a week.

      --

      On Feb 23, 2013, at 9:13 PM, "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...> wrote:

      T,

      Crime Maps is not up yet but our  crime stats are available on our website and we publish all crimes in your District daily. We are very close to having crime maps available but not there yet.

      Cathy L. Lanier
      Chief of Police
      Washington, D.C.
      (202) 727-4218

      --

      On Feb 23, 2013, at 8:59 PM, "T" wrote:

      Commander Solberg,

      Any update on when the crime map (http://crimemap.dc.gov) and the raw data extracts on data.dc.gov will be back up? There has been no new crime data since available since then.

      Its my understanding that Chief Lanier stated it was "fixed and live now" but it looks like that is not the case.

      Is there an ETA for when these will be up?

      --

      On Dec 9, 2012, at 1:03 PM, d  wrote:

        Just checking to see if anyone in the MPD has any information about when the crime map may be back up. It's been down for months, with the same message saying it will be up when the issue is resolved...no indication of progress fixing it or anything. This is a valuable tool for people to get a realistic picture of the problems in their own neighborhood as well as investigate potential new neighborhoods or whatnot.
    • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
        It affected all districts

        On Dec 9, 2012, at 1:03 PM, d  wrote:

          Just checking to see if anyone in the MPD has any information about when the crime map may be back up. It's been down for months, with the same message saying it will be up when the issue is resolved...no indication of progress fixing it or anything. This is a valuable tool for people to get a realistic picture of the problems in their own neighborhood as well as investigate potential new neighborhoods or whatnot.

        Visit
        www.Grade.DC.gov