ANC 5D03/5D05 MOURNS THE LOSS A PUBLIC SAFETY GIANT

  • Kathy Henderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2013
      Ms. Dorothy Lott will be funeralized on Tuesday at Capitol Mortuary Funeral Home, located on 14th and Maryland Ave., NE (next to the Checkers) from 4-6:00 p.m. Ms. Lott  was a great human being with a passion for goodness and justice. She gave so much to this community over the years and she greatly appreciated all of the gains we made in public safety. Ms.Lott did more than her share and was always willing to embrace our law enforcement personnel for the betterment of our community.  She was a stalwart, Godly woman and regularly attended service at New Samaritan Baptist Church; she shared  stories with me regarding knowing Pastor Kelsey since he was a child. Whether it was participating in community walks with our mayors and police chiefs, testifying at Council hearings, attending PSA meetings or welcoming new neighbors with a cake or sandwiches, Dorothy Lott was there. Ms. Lott stood with Commissioner India Henderson, our neighbors and myself on the stage at Gallaudet University just a short while ago, when we presented Chief Lanier, Assistant Chief Groomes and then Commander Greene with awards for service above and beyond the call of duty. She was a great neighbor and friend. We will miss her. Again, every neighborhood needs a Dorothy Lott. Thank you for allowing me to share; some of our neighbors are on these listservs.

      Sincerely,

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05