504 (12th & Newton area): 2/17, Sun morn; Home Robbery +Car

  • brian.ions
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2013
      Could we get an update re. this incident last Sunday as reported on the Brookland list. Was car recovered? Any leads? Description? Any other reports of church-hours Sunday break-ins?

      ---
      This is a cross-post from the Brookland Kids listserv. This happened at a house on 12th & Newton this morning.

      ... While our out of town guest was in the shower, someone broke into our house and took our smartphones and took the car keys and our car. Just now at 8:45.

      ----

      brian/
      504
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2013
        The car that was stolen in the burglary on Newton Street was found a short time alter in the 600 block of Edgewood.  We don't have any suspects.  There was no other similar crime reported during the same time period last Sunday.

        Andy Solberg

        Sent from my iPad

        On Feb 23, 2013, at 8:00 PM, "brian.ions" <brian.ions@...> wrote:

        Could we get an update re. this incident last Sunday as reported on the Brookland list. Was car recovered? Any leads? Description? Any other reports of church-hours Sunday break-ins?

        ---

        This is a cross-post from the Brookland Kids listserv. This happened at a house on 12th & Newton this morning.

        ... While our out of town guest was in the shower, someone broke into our house and took our smartphones and took the car keys and our car. Just now at 8:45.

        ----

        brian/
        504

        Visit
        www.Grade.DC.gov

      • brian.ions
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2013
          Thanks, Commander.

          Yeah, I was just curious whether MPD has seen this kind of "Sunday morning-at-church" opportunity/ "M.O." used by perps before-- and if there has been any discernible pattern in this district or in 4D for which folks should keep an eye out.

          brian