- Contact: Officer Araz Alali 202-727-4383 February 22, 2013 MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies (Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regardingMessage 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013View Source
Contact: Officer Araz Alali 202-727-4383
February 22, 2013
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Thursday, February 7, 2013, at approximately 12:26 pm, a complainant was walking in the 1700 block of East Capitol Street NW when several suspects approached her and took her cellular phone before running off. On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 a juvenile male was arrested and charged with Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at approximately 3:14 pm, a complainant reports that while he was in the 2200 block of Georgia Avenue NW, three suspects approached him, assaulted him and took his sneakers. The complainant was transported to local hospital. An adult male and two juvenile males were arrested for Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at approximately 6:19 pm, a complainant reports that while he was in the 1700 block of Capitol Avenue, NE, two male suspects and a female suspect approached him, brandished a handgun, and demanded his property. Taken from the complainant was a cell phone and a bicycle. An adult female and two juvenile males were arrested for Robbery While Armed (Gun).
- Wednesday, February 20, 2012, at approximately 12:19 am, two complainants report that they were in the 2800 block of 28th Street, SE, when three male suspects approached them, all brandishing handguns, and demanded their property. Taken from the complainants were two cell phones, a wallet, a purse and U.S. currency. An adult male was arrested for Robbery While Armed (Gun).
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.
Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.