Re: ***TRAFFIC ADVISORY***

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
      Thanks for forwarding, Mark. Make sure we have at least one officer and one sergeant notified to monitor NY Avenue tomorrow morning 6 - 12:30. DDOT should have traffic control officers on the scene, but in the past this has been a hit-or-miss proposition, so we'll need to be ready.

      Cmdr. Solberg

      Sent from my iPad

      On Feb 22, 2013, at 7:57 AM, "Beach, Mark (MPD)" <mark.beach@...> wrote:

      > ***TRAFFIC ADVISORY***
      >

      > Single Lane Conditions Planned for New York Avenue Between Florida Avenue and Penn Street - Saturday, February 23, 2013.
      >
      > (Washington, D.C.) On Saturday, February 23, 2013, as part of the New York Avenue Bridge Rehabilitation Project, motorists will encounter single lane conditions on eastbound (outbound) and westbound (inbound) New York Avenue, NE between Florida Avenue and Penn Street from 6:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
      >
      > Temporary signs will be in place to alert and guide the traveling public in this area.
      >
      > DDOT encourages all motorists to stay alert as they travel in this corridor.
      >
      > All construction-related work and dates are subject to change, depending on weather, material and contractor availability or other unforeseen conditions.
      >
      > Learn more about other projects in this area, including the New York Avenue Bridge project, visit www.FixingNewYorkAve.com. For additional construction alerts and updates follow @NYAve411 and @DDOTDC on Twitter.
      > ###
      >
      > Please visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District and http://www.capitalregionupdates.gov for DC & NCR news and information
      >
      > Mark Beach
      > Captain of Police
      > Metropolitan DC Police Department
      > Fifth Police District
      > 1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      > Washington, DC 20002
      >
      > 202-345-1313 BlackBerry
      > 202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
      > 202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
      > 202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
      > 202-727-9099 Command Information Center
      > "Commitment to Excellence"
      >
      > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this email is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized users. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.
      >
      > Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      > Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.
    • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2014

      5D Community,

      For your Information and Sharing

      Lane Closures for Overhead Sign Structure Safety Inspections

      (Washington D.C.) The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will be conducting a series of overhead sign structure safety inspections throughout the District’s highway network from Monday, March 10 to Friday, March 14, 2014.  These activities will require single-lane closures and take place during off-peak hours between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., weather permitting. (see attachment for more…)

      As you spring forward, check your smoke alarm. It may be time for a new one. The DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department provides free installations of smoke alarms for owner-occupied District homes. Request an installation at http://311.dc.gov or call 202-673-3331.