Re: [MPD-5D] The Passing of Ms. Dorothy Lott

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
      Dear Captain Beach,

      Thank you for your kind words. Ms. Lott was the kind of citizen and neighbor that law enforcement personnel dream of. She attended every PSA meeting, always called the police when she saw suspicious or unlawful behavior, gave detailed descriptions of lookouts and provided useful intel. Ms. Lott loved National Night Out as much as I do and she chastised rowdy neighbors, challenging them to behave better and she chastised neighbors for not attending meetings.

      Finally, I could go on and on about the virtues of Dorothy Lott. She was our rock and we will miss her. Every community needs a Dorothy Lott. I encourage all of the good neighbors on this listserv to take their law enforcement activities to the next level. Don't just monitor this listserv for crime updates, do more; write a community impact statement (Ms. Lott did) and work more closely with your PSA personnel. Thank you again.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

      From: "Beach, Mark (MPD)" <mark.beach@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 07:48:47
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [MPD-5D] The Passing of Ms. Dorothy Lott

      On behalf of the brave men and women of the Metropolitan Police Department's, Fifth Police District, under the direction and leadership of Commander Andrew Solberg, please accept our heartfelt sympathy on the passing of Ms. Dorothy Lott.

      Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.

      Mark Beach, Captain
      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-345-1313 BlackBerry
      202-698-0150 5D Station Operations

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
        All, Commissioner Henderson was "spot on" in identifying our need to be good neighbors and take a larger role in our community law enforcement activities. "Do more; write a community impact statement (Ms. Lott did) and work more closely with your Police Service Area (PSA) personnel."

        Who amongst us will take up the torch for Dorothy?