Re: [MPD-5D] Robbery closure!!!!!!

  • Aaron Watkins
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
      Great Job!!!! Keep up the good work!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 16, 2013, at 2:59 AM, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...> wrote:

      Hello and good morning 5d community!

      Shortly before midnight, there was a robbery at 4th and Channing, N.E.  Approximately, 5 juvenile females assaulted and robbed a female, of her iphone and purse, as she was walking home from the Rhode Island Metro Station.  A concerned citizen stopped, assisted this young lady, and called MPD.  Members from the Fifth District immediately responded to the area of the robbery and began an intense canvass for the suspects.  They were able to locate the juvenile female suspects inside of 601 Edgewood Street , coincidentally assaulting and attempting to rob a young man.

      Three of the juvenile suspects were arrested for Robbery Force and Violence and Assault with Intent to Rob.  This was an outstanding response from our midnight officers here at the Fifth District and an awesome display of teamwork.  Please assist me with sending a huge thank you and job well done to our officers!!!!!   THEY ROCK!!!!!!

      Captain Morgan C. Kane, MPA

      Metropolitan Police Department

      Fifth Police District

      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE

      Washington, DC 20002

      202-391-6862 (cell)

      202-698-0150 (station)

      morgan.kane@...

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

    • Steven
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
        Captain Kane, thanks to your officers for an outstanding job apprehending these young criminals.

        A former roommate got held up at gunpoint walking home from RIA Metro (by a similar group of youth) and quickly moved out, leaving me in a lurch to pay my mortgage.

        I hope more of these criminals are caught, and slapped behind bars, removed from society before they have a chance to harm it further.

        Congratulations again to the Midnight Officers! Stay safe out there, Steven

        Please excuse any mispellings / odd words. My iPhone thinks it is smarter than I am.

        On Feb 16, 2013, at 2:59 AM, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...> wrote:

        > Hello and good morning 5d community!
        >

        > Shortly before midnight, there was a robbery at 4th and Channing, N.E. Approximately, 5 juvenile females assaulted and robbed a female, of her iphone and purse, as she was walking home from the Rhode Island Metro Station. A concerned citizen stopped, assisted this young lady, and called MPD. Members from the Fifth District immediately responded to the area of the robbery and began an intense canvass for the suspects. They were able to locate the juvenile female suspects inside of 601 Edgewood Street, coincidentally assaulting and attempting to rob a young man.
        >

        > Three of the juvenile suspects were arrested for Robbery Force and Violence and Assault with Intent to Rob. This was an outstanding response from our midnight officers here at the Fifth District and an awesome display of teamwork. Please assist me with sending a huge thank you and job well done to our officers!!!!! THEY ROCK!!!!!!
        >

        > Captain Morgan C. Kane, MPA
        >
        > Metropolitan Police Department
        >
        > Fifth Police District
        >
        > 1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
        >
        > Washington, DC 20002
        >
        > 202-391-6862 (cell)
        >
        > 202-698-0150 (station)
        >
        > morgan.kane@...
        >

        > Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
        > Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

      • leslie strothers
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
          Go MPD-5D!!!

[...]

        • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 16, 2013
            Thanks so much Steven for your words. I am terribly sorry that happened to you and your roommate.  The officers are working extremely hard to not only prevent this crimes, but to also quickly apprehend and arrest the folks committing them.

            We will certainly keep the community apprised of our progress and of significant incidents that we would like you to be aware of.  Our officers are doing amazing work and it is an added bonus, and much appreciated, when we have our citizens support and backing!

            Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
            Fifth District Station