RE: MPD Sergeant of the Year

  • Wright, Andre (MPD)
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12, 2013

      Kudos goes out to Sgt Bedlion and Officer Afari for their outstanding work and accomplishments, while representing the Fifth District and their service to the community.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 12, 2013
        Alright now!! I will be in the house!! Way to go guys!! Andy, Is anyone getting the Champs award in 5D?

        Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

               Booker T. Washington

        On Feb 12, 2013, at 4:22 PM, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

        I am tremendously excited and proud to announce that Sergeant Duncan Bedlion of the Fifth District has been selected as the Metropolitan Police Department’s Sergeant of the Year for 2012.

        Additionally, Officer Jerry Afari was chosen as the Fifth District’s Officer of the Year.

        Sergeant Bedlion and Officer Afari will be honored, along with other members of the MPD, at the annual Award Ceremony at Elstad Auditorium on the Gallaudet University campus on Thursday, February 28, 2013, at 7 pm.

        All are invited, and please pass along your congratulations to Sgt. Bedlion and Officer Afari when you see them on the street or in the community.

        Andy Solberg

        Commander, 5D

        Visit
        www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

      • Jason Rano
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 12, 2013
          Absolutely wonderful news.� Congrats to Sergeant Bedlion and Officer Afari.

[...]

          Grade.DC.gov has expanded again!� Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 12, 2013

            The CHAMPS Award is a separate award issued monthly to officers in each district.