2.11.13 Arrest Made 2011 Homicide Which Occurred in the 1200 Block of Mount Olivet Road, NE

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013

      Contact: Officer A.B. Clay (202-727-4383)

      February 11, 2013

      Arrest Made in 2011 Homicide Which Occurred in the 1200 Block of Mount Olivet Road, NE

      (Washington, DC)-Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch have announced that an arrest has been made in the fatal shooting which occurred in the 1200 block of Mount Olivet Road, NE.

      On Saturday, November 26, 2011, at approximately 12:41 am units from the Fifth District responded to a call for the sounds of gunshots in the 1200 block of Simms Place, NE where they located two victims.  The investigation revealed that the shooting occurred in the 1200 block of Mount Olivet Road, NE.  DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services personnel transported both victims to local area hospitals.  The first victim (decedent) later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.  The second victim was treated and released.

      The decedent is identified as 18 year-old Mico Briscoe of an unknown address.

      On Monday, February 11, 2013, 21 year-old Dwayne Hilton of Northeast, Washington, DC, was arrested by members of the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force pursuant to an arrest warrant charging him with First Degree Murder While Armed in connection with the shooting death of Mico Briscoe.

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov

    • Kathy Henderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
        This is excellent news. We look forward to this suspect proceeding through the judicial process and if convicted, we will encourage residents in Patrol Service Area 507 to submit commity imapct statements at sentencing.
        Commissioner, Kathy Henderson, 5D05
        5D Court Watch Coordinator

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2013
          Is this the same Dwayne HIlton from  2011 CF3 005163: District of Columbia Vs. HILTON, DWAYNE ? If so, did this guy undergo any mental health evaluation before being released?

          06/01/2011 Case Disposed - Dismissed Case Disposed - Dismissed

          Judge: BECK, RONNA L Location: Courtroom 311
          03/22/2011 Charge Filed Charge Filed Charge #1: Robbery While Armed

          03/22/2011
          Event: Presentment
          Date: 03/22/2011 Time: 1:00 pm
          Judge: HARRIS EPPS, DIANA Location: Courtroom C-10