Traffic Advisory for President Barack Obama's State of the Union Address

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013

      Please see the traffic advisory issued by US Capitol Police for President Barack Obama’s State of the Union Address.

      Prepared by:

      Officer Shennell Antrobus

      United States Capitol Police

      Public Information Officer

      (202) 224-1677

      President Barack Obama’s State of the Union Address

      On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 9:00 p.m., the President will deliver the State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress in the U.S. Capitol Building.

      Restricted Access - Capitol Square

      The Capitol Square will be restricted to event credentialed and authorized pedestrians only beginning at 6:00p.m. on Tuesday, February 12, 2013.

      Road Closures

      The U.S. Capitol Police will put the following road closures (affecting vehicular traffic) into effect on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. and will lift these restrictions when this event has concluded:

      North Side of Capitol Square

      o D Street, NE between 2nd Street, NE & Louisiana Avenue, NW

      o C Street, NE between 2nd Street, NE & Louisiana Avenue, NW

      o Constitution Avenue between 2nd Street, NE & Louisiana Avenue, NW

      o Delaware Avenue between Columbus Circle & Constitution Avenue, NE

      o New Jersey Avenue, NW between Louisiana Avenue, & Constitution Avenue,

      NW

      o Pennsylvania Avenue between 1st Street, & 3rd Street, NW

      o East Capitol Street between 2nd Street, & 1st Street, NE/SE

      o 1st Street between Columbus Circle, NE & C Street, SE

      o 1st Street between Louisiana Avenue, NW & Washington Avenue, SW

      o 2nd Street NE between Constitution Avenue & East Capitol Street NE

      South Side of Capitol Square

      o Maryland Avenue, SW between 1st Street, & 3rd Street, SW

      o Independence Avenue between 2nd Street, SE & Washington Avenue, SW

      o C Street between 1st Street, SE & Washington Avenue, SW

      o Delaware Avenue between Washington Avenue, SW & C Street, SW

      o New Jersey Avenue between Independence Avenue, & D Street, SE

      o South Capitol Street between Independence Avenue & D Street, SE/SW

      Capitol Tours

      Public and staff-led tours will be suspended at noon on Tuesday, February 12, 2013. The  Capitol Visitor Center (CVC) will also close at noon. However, visitors with gallery passes may  continue to enter via the CVC main entrance. Both House and Senate Galleries will remain  open until 5:30pm, or until the respective body recesses; whichever is later. Tours will resume  on a normal operational schedule on Wednesday, February 13, 2013.

      Tour Buses

      Tour buses will be allowed to drop off and pick up in Peace Circle and Garfield Circle until  4:30pm.

      If there are any questions about these events or security procedures, please contact the United States Capitol Police Public Information Office at 202-224-1677.

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov

    • Fabian Warner
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
        This morning at around 1:30 I was awoken by noises on my porch, I looked out my window and I saw some one standing there. He saw me and was gone by the time I could get to the door, I do not think he was alone and was keeping an eye out while his accomplice tried to steal my neighbor’s bikes. I’ve attached pictures of the damage done and I’ve notified my neighbor’s about what occurred.

        Fabian
      • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013

          Good evening Fabian,

          By chance did you call MPD so that we could respond out, take a report and follow up on this case?  The pictures did not come through on this email.  Can we discuss further off- line?  You can email me on morgan.kane@...

          Visit
          www.Grade.DC.gov