Re: [MPD-5D] FW: 2.6.13 Arrest in the Homicide: 2000 Block of Maryland Avenue, NE

  • Jeter, Bryant (MPD)
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2013
      Your welcome!

      From: khenderson029@... [mailto:khenderson029@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 08:32 PM
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] FW: 2.6.13 Arrest in the Homicide: 2000 Block of Maryland Avenue, NE

      Thank you Lt. Jeter; this is helpful.

      Commissioner Henderson, 5D05

      From: "Jeter, Bryant (MPD)"
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:01:37 -0500
      To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Hello Ms. Henderson, according to records from the Office of Unified Communications (OUC), we have responded to 2008 Maryland Ave., NE. Between 3-17-12 and 1-17-13 fifteen times for various calls for service. Thank you for your support of our troops.

      From: "Press, MPD (MPD)"
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:40:50 -0500
      To: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      Contact: Police Officer Tisha Gant (202-727-4383)

      February 6, 2013�

      Arrest in the Homicide: 2000 Block of Maryland Avenue, NE

      (Washington, DC) — Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch announced today a suspect has been arrested in connection with a homicide that occurred in the 2000 block of Maryland Avenue, Northeast.

      On Thursday, Jan 17, 2013, at approximately 11:45 pm, units from the Fifth District responded to 2008 Maryland Ave., NE to investigate a report of an unconscious male.� Upon arrival, they located the decedent who was suffering from apparent trauma to his head.� DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and transported the decedent to an area hospital where he was admitted in critical condition.

      On Thursday, January 31, 2013, the victim succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.� On Friday, February 1, 2013, an autopsy was conducted on the remains of the decedent at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The cause of death was determined to be multiple blunt injuries.� The manner of death was ruled a homicide.

      The decedent is identified as 53-year-old Emanuel Campbell of Northeast, DC.

      On Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23 year-old Davon Thomas was arrested by members of the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force pursuant to an arrest warrant charging him with Murder Two for the homicide of Emanuel Campbell.

      Grade.DC.gov has grown again!� Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.�

      Grade.DC.gov has expanded again!� Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov