- Contact: Officer Tisha Gant (202) 727-4383 February 6, 2013 Traffic Advisory for Weekend Events The Metropolitan Police Department wishes to inform the publicMessage 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2013View SourceContact: Officer Tisha Gant (202) 727-4383
February 6, 2013
Traffic Advisory for Weekend Events
The Metropolitan Police Department wishes to inform the public and members of the media about planned events that will affect traffic and parking this weekend.
Cupid’s Undie Run
This event is scheduled for Saturday, February 9, 2013,
Beginning at approximately 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm the following streets will close:
- Pennsylvania Avenue from 2nd Street, SE to 4th Street, SE
- Independence Avenue from First Street, SE to 2nd Street, SE
- First Street from Independence Avenue, SE to Constitution Avenue, NE
Parking will be restricted at the following locations:
- 200-300 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
Chinese New Year Parade and Celebration-The Year of the Snake
This event is scheduled to occur on Sunday, February 10, 2013
The following streets will also be closed for the festival, on Sunday, February 10, 2013 beginning at 9:00 am and are expected to reopen by 5:00 pm.
• H Street, NW – from 6th Street to 7th Street, NW
The following streets will be closed, to allow parade assembly beginning at 11:00 am and expected to reopen by 3:30 pm.
• I Street, NW – from 5th Street to 6th Street, NW. The following streets will be closed on Sunday beginning at 1:30 pm and are expected to reopen by 4:30 pm:
- I Street, NW – from 5th Street to 7th Street, NW
- 7th Street, NW – from I Street to G Street, NW
- G Street, NW – from 7th Street to 9th Street, NW
- 8th Street, NW – from G Street to H Street, NW
- H Street, NW – from 8th Street to 6th Street, NW
The above streets will be closed to motorists during the specified date and times.
Due to the heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.
Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.