Vintage Video of a DC Streetcar in Operations (c.1956-57)

  • brian.ions
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
      Questions (off hours, of course)... Are there any MPD patrol cars in this video -- and where (by time indicator).

      Is that a MPD (gray/blue shirt) footman crossing RI Avenue at exactly
      4:00 minute mark?

      Hat tip to a 5D area resident for posting this terrific YouTube clip on
      the Eckington Listserv yesterday...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QpFCFILDOxs#

      brian/
      504
      (MPD, just for fun... today.)
      [:))]

      Available vehicle comparison photo evidence here...

      http://www.dcmetropolicecollector.com/1950-1959.html

      http://www.dcmetropolicecollector.com/1960-1969.html
    • carol fleming
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2013
        How interesting! I felt like I was riding down Rhode Island Avenue. As a native of  Brookland, I remember the big trees on Rhode Island Ave.with wide sidewalks. I also remember walking over the T St bridge to go to McKinley. Speaking of police, the police Pct. #12 was housed on Rhode Island Avenue where the MPD Youth Division is now housed. That was our neighborhood police precinct prior to 5D on Bladensburg Rd.

        Carol Fleming