FW: 2.6.13 Arrest in the Homicide: 2000 Block of Maryland Avenue, NE

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2013

      Contact: Police Officer Tisha Gant (202-727-4383)

      February 6, 2013

      Arrest in the Homicide: 2000 Block of Maryland Avenue, NE

      (Washington, DC) — Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch announced today a suspect has been arrested in connection with a homicide that occurred in the 2000 block of Maryland Avenue, Northeast.

      On Thursday, Jan 17, 2013, at approximately 11:45 pm, units from the Fifth District responded to 2008 Maryland Ave., NE to investigate a report of an unconscious male.  Upon arrival, they located the decedent who was suffering from apparent trauma to his head.  DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and transported the decedent to an area hospital where he was admitted in critical condition.

      On Thursday, January 31, 2013, the victim succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.  On Friday, February 1, 2013, an autopsy was conducted on the remains of the decedent at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The cause of death was determined to be multiple blunt injuries.  The manner of death was ruled a homicide.

      The decedent is identified as 53-year-old Emanuel Campbell of Northeast, DC.

      On Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 23 year-old Davon Thomas was arrested by members of the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force pursuant to an arrest warrant charging him with Murder Two for the homicide of Emanuel Campbell.

      Grade.DC.gov has grown again!  Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

      Visit
      www.Grade.DC.gov

    • khenderson029
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2013
        This is a very disturbing incident and we are glad that a swift arrest has been made. We greatly appreciate the due diligence of the officers involved. This area has been plagued by numerous senseless killings over the years and we do not want to go back to that time. How many times have the police responded to this location for a disturbance of any kind within the last year?

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        From: "Press, MPD (MPD)" <mpd.press@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:40:50 -0500
        To: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [MPD-5D] FW: 2.6.13 Arrest in the Homicide: 2000 Block of Maryland Avenue, NE

[...]

      • Jeter, Bryant (MPD)
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2013
          Hello Ms. Henderson, according to records from the Office of Unified Communications (OUC), we have responded to 2008 Maryland Ave., NE. Between 3-17-12 and 1-17-13 fifteen times for various calls for service. Thank you for your support of our troops.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2013
            Thank you Lt. Jeter; this is helpful.

            Commissioner Henderson, 5D05

            From: "Jeter, Bryant (MPD)" <bryant.jeter@...>
            Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:01:37 -0500
            To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2013
              Your welcome!

              From: "Press, MPD (MPD)"
              Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 16:40:50 -0500
              To: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com
[...]

              Grade.DC.gov has expanded again!� Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
              Visit
              www.Grade.DC.gov