Robbery Arrest made by Members of the Fifth District

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
      The Fifth Police District would like to commend our officers and inform you of a significant Robbery Arrest that was made by our members early this morning:

      Members of the midnight tour responded to a robbery at the 7-Eleven Store in the 900 Block of Bladensburg Rd., NE, literally five minutes after one of our units had made a business check at the establishment.

      Responding Units were informed that the suspect entered the store with a note demanding money. The store clerk saw (what appeared to be the handle of a handgun in the suspect's waistband). The Suspect took cash and store items, fleeing on foot out the front door. The 5D Report Unit voiced the lookout.

      A short time later, 5D Units made a stop of the suspect, matching the lookout, and it was determined that the stopped individual was, in fact, the suspect that had just robbed the 7-Eleven Store. He was arrested and transported for processing. This individual will also be looked at in similar robberies in the area.

      Suspect was, in fact, a former 7-Eleven employee that had been fired for stealing money.

      Captain Mark Beach
      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-345-1313 Cell
      202-698-0150 Station
      "Commitment to Excellence"
    • Kathy Henderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
        We appreciate the swift action of the officers. What is the suspect's name?
        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
        khenderson029@...
[...]

      • Wright, Andre (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013

          Daniel Richardson.

          Save the date!
          Mayor Gray’s 2013 State of the District Address is Tuesday, February 5th at 7:00 pm at the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue.
          Attend in person, watch on DCN, or follow on Twitter via @mayorvincegray.