Re: [MPD-5D] 5D robbery apprehension

  • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
      Great job by our MPD team!

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Feb 4, 2013, at 4:10 AM, "Griffin, Randy (MPD)" <randy.griffin@...> wrote:

      On February 3, 2013, at approximately11:20 p.m., two citizens were approached by an adult male and robbed of an undisclosed amount of money in the 100 block of S St. N.W.  Fifth District officers quickly obtained the preliminary information, including the suspect’s vehicle description, and disseminated the information to all of the Fifth District shift personnel.  Soon after, Fifth District PSA 501 officers observed a vehicle that matched the description of the suspect’s vehicle.  After a brief foot pursuit an apprehension was made in the 1100 block of Florida Ave. N.E. and the suspect was subsequently placed under arrest for robbery.  The fast-acting and collaborative efforts of the involved MPD members led to the successful arrest of a robbery suspect that struck in PSA 501.  Many thanks.

      Save the date!
      Mayor Grayx2019;s 2013 State of the District Address is Tuesday, February 5th at 7:00 pm at the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue.
      Attend in person, watch on DCN, or follow on Twitter via @mayorvincegray.

      Save the date!
      Mayor Gray’s 2013 State of the District Address is Tuesday, February 5th at 7:00 pm at the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue.
      Attend in person, watch on DCN, or follow on Twitter via @mayorvincegray.

    • Debbie Steiner
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2013
        That's My team!! Fabulous job!!

        Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

               Booker T. Washington

[...]

      • Geovani A Bonilla