1.25.13 Recent Robbery Arrests
- Contact: Officer Araz Alali 202-727-4383
January 25, 2013
MPD Announces Arrests in Recent Robberies
(Washington, DC)- Due to community concerns regarding robberies, the Metropolitan Police Department is releasing information on recent robbery arrests. Members of the public have been helpful in providing information that has led to arrests and MPD encourages members of the public to visit our YouTube page, view videos of cases, and contact police if they recognize persons of interest at http://www.youtube.com/OfficialDCPolice
Below are recent robbery arrests made within the last week.
- Monday, January 21, 2013, at approximately 6:45 pm, a complainant was walking in the 900 block of 9th Street, NW, when two male suspects approached her and removed her wallet containing assorted credit cards and her driver’s license. An adult male was arrested and charged with Robbery (Pick Pocket).
- Tuesday, January 22, 2013, at approximately 4:15 pm, a complainant reports he was approached by a male suspect at the 700 block of 14th Street, SE, who placed his hand inside of his jacket as if he had a weapon and demanded the complainant’s property. The suspect fled the scene without obtaining property. A juvenile male was arrested and charged with Attempted Robbery (Fear).
- Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at approximately 5:07 pm, a complainant reports he was approached from behind by four suspects, at 7th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, SE. The suspects took his headphones and his hat. Two juvenile males were arrested and charged with Robbery (Force and Violence).
- Friday, January 18, 2013, at approximately 10 pm, two victims were in the 3700 block of Connecticut Avenue NW, when three suspects approached the victims and demanded property. One of the suspects was armed with a handgun. All of the suspects fled on foot after committing the offense. A short while later, a juvenile male was stopped at Wisconsin Avenue and Van Ness Street NW. The respondent was identified as one of the perpetrators of the robbery and arrested for Robbery while Armed (Gun).
- Sunday, January 20, 2013, at approximately 3:30 am, two complainant’s report that while walking in the 1700 block of Lanier Place, NW, male suspects armed with a handgun demanded both complainants’ property. Taken from both complainants were wallets and iPhones. An adult male was arrested for Robbery while Armed (Gun).
- Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at approximately 4:53 pm, a complainant reports that a male suspect entered the location at the 1500 block of North Capitol Street, NW, and kicked the complainant’s door demanding money. An adult male was arrested and charged with Robbery (Force and Violence/Establishment).
- Thursday, January 24, 2013, at approximately 11:05 pm, a complainant reports while working inside the establishment located at the 1300 block of Florida Avenue, NE, three male suspects forced their way into the register area striking the complainant about the face with a closed fist. Taken was U.S. currency. Three adult males were arrested in connection with this offense and charged with Robbery (Force and Violence/Establishment).
- Sunday, January 20, 2013, at approximately 6:00 pm, a complainant reports while he was in the 4400 block of E Street, SE, a male suspect demanded his money. Taken was U.S. currency. A female was arrested in connection with this offense and charged with Robbery (Fear).
- Monday, January 21, 2013, at approximately 2:07 pm, two complainants report while they were walking in the 900 block of Bellevue Road, SE, they were approached by a male and female suspect in a tan Lexus. The male suspect exited the vehicle armed with a handgun and demanded the complainant’s property. Taken were two cell phones and two headphones from both complainants. An adult male and an adult female were charged with Robbery while Armed (Gun).
Anyone who is the victim of a crime or witnesses a crime in progress should call 911 immediately. Individuals who have information regarding crimes should call police at 202-727-9099. Additionally information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411. The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $10,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.
Save the date!
Mayor Gray’s 2013 State of the District Address is Tuesday, February 5th at 7:00 pm at the Sixth and I Historic Synagogue.
Attend in person, watch on DCN, or follow on Twitter via @mayorvincegray.