Alley beind the 1500 Block of Queen Street NE

  • RobbyCU
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      On June 16, 2006 the residents of PSA 504 held a walk through with the Chief. During that walk though our ANC, Kathy Henderson, pointed out several areas where the criminal element had taken hold. During this crime emergency, I want to take this opportunity to thank MPD for the hard work that they do. I also would like to point out a reoccurring problem. In the alley between the 1500 block of Queen Street NE and the 1500 block of Levis street NE, is a lot, 1526 Levis. This lot is home to transient men who drink, sometimes use drugs, sale drugs, etc. The neighbors call 311 to report them and MPD show and takes down their tables and chairs. Of course the men return and set up shop again. This is a perennial problem. Lately they've now been serving as lookouts when cop cars drive down Holbrook or levis on a call or simply patrolling the guy's yell out a warning to drug dealers. I am not sure what the solution is. But I wanted you all to know. If any one has any advice on how
      to solve the perennial problem of these squatters or the acute problem of them serving as look outs I am open to it. We've go on the Office of the Attorney General, DCRA, and PDW. The owner has let the city know he doesnÂ’t want people on his land. The city removed or attempts to remove them and their stuff. And they men come right back. They are now more than a nuisance. We will continue to call 311.

      Thank you,

      -Robert Mann-Thompson