Robbery of Establishment

  • Lt. Edward Bernat
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2013
      On 1/24/13 at approximately 2310 hours Complainant-1 was working as the evening clerk at the BP Gas Station located at 1376 Florida Ave NE when he unlocked and opened the front door to let in the night clerk. As the night clerk entered, three masked suspects ran in behind him. Once inside, the suspects punched C-1 about the head, took currency from the cash register and fled out of the front door. At that exact time, a Robbery unit in an unmarked vehicle was passing by the gas station and observed the three masked suspects exit the gas station office and start running. The Robbery units pursued the suspects and, without losing sight of them, captured all three a short distance away from the gas station. Recovered nearby was the US currency taken from the cash register. Subjects were placed under arrest Great Job by the RIP (robbery) Unit!
    • Debbie Steiner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
        Fabulous job of the RIP (Robbery) Unit!!  Truly a timely event for the robbery unit to be in the area at the time of the incident.  Thanks to the unit for being observant of that area.

        Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

               Booker T. Washington

        On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:51 AM, "Lt. Edward Bernat" <Edward.Bernat@...> wrote:

        On 1/24/13 at approximately 2310 hours Complainant-1 was working as the evening clerk at the BP Gas Station located at 1376 Florida Ave NE when he unlocked and opened the front door to let in the night clerk. As the night clerk entered, three masked suspects ran in behind him. Once inside, the suspects punched C-1 about the head, took currency from the cash register and fled out of the front door. At that exact time, a Robbery unit in an unmarked vehicle was passing by the gas station and observed the three masked suspects exit the gas station office and start running. The Robbery units pursued the suspects and, without losing sight of them, captured all three a short distance away from the gas station. Recovered nearby was the US currency taken from the cash register. Subjects were placed under arrest Great Job by the RIP (robbery) Unit!

      • Geovani A Bonilla
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
          Lt. Bernat - great work by MPD and glad the BP employees were not seriously injured.

          Geovani A. Bonilla

          On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:51 AM, "Lt. Edward Bernat" wrote:

          > On 1/24/13 at approximately 2310 hours Complainant-1 was working as the evening clerk at the BP Gas Station located at 1376 Florida Ave NE when he unlocked and opened the front door to let in the night clerk. As the night clerk entered, three masked suspects ran in behind him. Once inside, the suspects punched C-1 about the head, took currency from the cash register and fled out of the front door. At that exact time, a Robbery unit in an unmarked vehicle was passing by the gas station and observed the three masked suspects exit the gas station office and start running. The Robbery units pursued the suspects and, without losing sight of them, captured all three a short distance away from the gas station. Recovered nearby was the US currency taken from the cash register. Subjects were placed under arrest Great Job by the RIP (robbery) Unit!
        • faceartllc
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
            Great Job! Thanks so much for keeping our streets safe!
            *Amber H.*