Twitter notifications

  • corplaw_1031
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2013
      Why does it take several hours to post a look out for crime suspects on twitter? If you could do it faster you might get quick feed back from people in the community that spot persons fitting the description you put out.

      It would also be a tool that lets us know someone committed a crime near us much sooner and we will know sooner that our block or street has had an incident.

      I saw two males wearing dark clothing earlier tonight that fit a description you put out but the alert was several hours old. I thought about calling but wasn't sure what to use as a reference number. I could also txt you if I knew how to reference the look out in the txt.

      Your comments are appreciated.

      13th Street NE
    • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013

        The time lapse may to due to ensuring accurate information is put out.  In any case if you feel you see subjects matching a lookout from a crime please call 911 and let us investigate. We are able to track down the lookouts and make the match.

        Edward R. Bernat

        Lieutenant

        Fifth District

        1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.

        Washington, D.C. 20002

        Office - 202-698-0268

        Cell- 202-359-4240

        Email: edward.bernat@...

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this e-mail is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This e-mail should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized users. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

        Support the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and the 57th Presidential Inauguration by volunteering.
        Learn how you can give back and get involved at
        www.serve.dc.gov.

        For more info on the Inauguration on January 21st, head to www.inauguration.dc.gov