Re: [MPD-5D] Aggressive panhandling

  • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2013
      This was accidentally sent prematurely....we will ensure we give this area additional attention.

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Jan 18, 2013, at 9:30 AM, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" <morgan.kane@...> wrote:

      Thank you for sharing this information.  We will ensure we are giving his area additional attention and would certainly appreciate a call to 911 so we can come out when this actually is occurring.

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Jan 18, 2013, at 9:14 AM, "leslie strothers" <leslie_strothers@...> wrote:

      Sounds familiar, there is a woman that sits in front of the Silvestre Cafe who "pandhanles" in that manner. She "lives" near that cafe, has mental health challenges.

[...]

      • Carol Carter Walker
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 18, 2013

          This may be related.  Last week, I went to the Post Office on 12th Street between Lamont and Monroe.  There was a woman-who I thought was dropped off in front of the Post Office--who rather aggressively panhandled outside the door, inside the Lobby and then inside the Post Office, asking people in line for money. She, too, didn't take the first No for an answer.  As I was leaving, she followed me to my car parked on the Post Office parking lot and only dropped back when she realized she'd already approached me and I'd said, "No."

          I was surprised that the Post Office allowed this.  They certainly saw her when she came inside.

[...]

          Carol Carter Walker
          carolcarterwalker@...
          (202) 636-8138 (H/O)
          (202) 744-3872 (C)
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 19, 2013

            Please call 911 when you see this woman, or anyone else who is behaving aggressively.

            Andy Solberg

            Commander, 5D

[...]

          • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 19, 2013

              I believe I am familiar with this woman, I will have some officers address it.

              Thank you, an please call 911 when you see this again.

              Edward R. Bernat

              Lieutenant

              Fifth District

              1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.

              Washington, D.C. 20002

              Office - 202-698-0268

              Cell- 202-359-4240

              Email: edward.bernat@...

              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this e-mail is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This e-mail should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized users. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.