Re: [MPD-5D] Aggressive panhandling

  • leslie strothers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2013
      Sounds familiar, there is a woman that sits in front of the Silvestre Cafe who "pandhanles" in that manner. She "lives" near that cafe, has mental health challenges.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 18, 2013
        Thank you for sharing this information.  We will ensure we are giving his area additional attention and would certainly appreciate a call to 911 so we can come out when this actually is occurring.

        Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
        Fifth District Station
        Metropolitan Police Department
        1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
        Washington, DC 20002
        202-391-6862 (cell)
        202-698-0150 (station)

[...]

        Support the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and the 57th Presidential Inauguration by volunteering.
        Learn how you can give back and get involved at
        www.serve.dc.gov.

        For more info on the Inauguration on January 21st, head to www.inauguration.dc.gov

      • Kane, Morgan (MPD)

[...]

          • Carol Carter Walker
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 18, 2013

              This may be related.  Last week, I went to the Post Office on 12th Street between Lamont and Monroe.  There was a woman-who I thought was dropped off in front of the Post Office--who rather aggressively panhandled outside the door, inside the Lobby and then inside the Post Office, asking people in line for money. She, too, didn't take the first No for an answer.  As I was leaving, she followed me to my car parked on the Post Office parking lot and only dropped back when she realized she'd already approached me and I'd said, "No."

              I was surprised that the Post Office allowed this.  They certainly saw her when she came inside.

[...]

              Carol Carter Walker
              carolcarterwalker@...
              (202) 636-8138 (H/O)
              (202) 744-3872 (C)
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 19, 2013

                Please call 911 when you see this woman, or anyone else who is behaving aggressively.

                Andy Solberg

                Commander, 5D

[...]

              • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 19, 2013

                  I believe I am familiar with this woman, I will have some officers address it.

                  Thank you, an please call 911 when you see this again.

                  Edward R. Bernat

                  Lieutenant

                  Fifth District

                  1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.

                  Washington, D.C. 20002

                  Office - 202-698-0268

                  Cell- 202-359-4240

                  Email: edward.bernat@...

                  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this e-mail is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This e-mail should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized users. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.